Tesco Tv`s

Bray Hill

Has anybody purchased a 22" tv with dvd/ipod (technika) from Tesco. We bought one on Thursday and once tuned in and positioned we tried the ipod function and everything worked well. Come the following morning when my daughter inserted her ipod onto docking station all she got was the graphics on the screen but no sound! We have contacted the helpline and gone through all the relevent "settings" but still no sound. Seems strange that it worked one night yet come the next day nothing, all other functions are working o.k. Just wondering if anybody has bought/had similar probs or is there something simple that we are not doing. I do have to say - we have bought a couple of these Technika tv`s for bedrooms and for the price are very good. :(

Has anybody purchased a 22" tv with dvd/ipod (technika) from Tesco. We bought one on Thursday and once tuned in and positioned we tried the ipod function and everything worked well. Come the following morning when my daughter inserted her ipod onto docking station all she got was the graphics on the screen but no sound! We have contacted the helpline and gone through all the relevent "settings" but still no sound. Seems strange that it worked one night yet come the next day nothing, all other functions are working o.k. Just wondering if anybody has bought/had similar probs or is there something simple that we are not doing. I do have to say - we have bought a couple of these Technika tv`s for bedrooms and for the price are very good. :(

Look at the reviews on Amazon for the range of Technika products ... not good reading. I was looking at a Technika DVD player there yesterday and all 5 reveiwers said that the unit had bust within the first week of delivery.

If nobody has fiddled with the TV settings.. has anything been fiddled with on the ipod?

As someone who knows someone who works in IT.. I recommend turning it off and then on again. (and same for the TV)

Tried all that and different ipods on the tv. As I mentioned before the the tv and dvd functions are all working ok we just seemed to have lost the sound. Will have to wait till Wednesday for next shipment to exchange.

Look at the reviews on Amazon for the range of Technika products ... not good reading. I was looking at a Technika DVD player there yesterday and all 5 reveiwers said that the unit had bust within the first week of delivery.

I must be pretty lucky so far. I bought one of their cheap 32" screens for my kid's playroom about six months ago and it's not missed a beat so far, been brilliant. Granted it's not used that often but it's been just the job.

Some sneaky marketing bringing out very cheap electrical goods and giving them names that sound like decent brands (e.g Technika sounding like Technics). Sure people must fall for this and think its a bargain when often you basically get what you are paying for, low quality components and poor performance.

Some sneaky marketing bringing out very cheap electrical goods and giving them names that sound like decent brands (e.g Technika sounding like Technics). Sure people must fall for this and think its a bargain when often you basically get what you are paying for, low quality components and poor performance.

All that plus poor quality control in the factory.

Ah that explains it. I bought what I assumed were a pair of Technics SL 1200 turntables, but couldn't get any sound on them from my enormous vinyl collection. It turns out they're a pair of Technika Digiboxes. Tesco really pulled the wool over my eyes there the bastards.

Ah that explains it. I bought what I assumed were a pair of Technics SL 1200 turntables, but couldn't get any sound on them from my enormous vinyl collection. It turns out they're a pair of Technika Digiboxes. Tesco really pulled the wool over my eyes there the bastards.

Technics SL1200's? stuff all that quartz drive malarky, what you really need is a good old belt drive turntable like the Soundlab DLP1600's!

Joking aside, my 1210's are ornamental these days which is a shame!

We bought one of those 22" from Tescos a couple of weeks ago.

Everything working fine up to now.

So it was you then! Couple of weeks ago contemplated buying the only one left on shelf. Deferred the decision until later in the day and returned to the store to find they had sold out.

Anyway got the 19" version, plus the same make DVD player, no problem with either. (Although have not used the i-pod facilty thing, being a dinosaur in that department)

We bought one of those 22" from Tescos a couple of weeks ago.

Everything working fine up to now.

So it was you then! Couple of weeks ago contemplated buying the only one left on shelf. Deferred the decision until later in the day and returned to the store to find they had sold out.

Anyway got the 19" version, plus the same make DVD player, no problem with either. (Although have not used the i-pod facilty thing, being a dinosaur in that department)

Actually I lied like a flat fish. It was a 19".

Apologies.

Even if they are cheap lumps of shit, they should still work. Im pretty sure that things must fit for the intended purpose (legally), so if they suddenly don't work, you're entitled to your money back...dont hold me to that though.

Archived