Wanted - Enduro Bike (xr, Dr, Ttr Etc.)

C-IOM

I'm looking for a reliable 250cc+ enduro/trail bike, such as an XR250/400, TTR250, DR250/350, DRZ400S etc. for greenlaning and commuting.

**********Got a bike sorted now - cheers********************

Have you tried Juan Knights at Sulby?

Yeah, tried all the dealers and nothing along the lines of what I'm after. They've all got proper enduro's such as WR400's but I'm after something more suitable for the road aswell as being capable of tackling the greenlanes.

Going to see a DRZ400S tonight so hopefully it'll be the one!

Have you considered the likes of a KTM as well?

I've got an EXC450 and it's the best bike I've ever owned as it's very nice to ride on the road and extremely forgiving out on the lanes.

Has all the lights etc plus electric start (and kick) so you get the best of both worlds. Bags of torque but not at all scary in how it's delivered, so the only bit you need to decide (which would be the same for any trailie) is choosing tyres that are a suitable compromise for road and lanes. If you find some you really like - let me know! ;)

Have you considered the likes of a KTM as well?

I've got an EXC450 and it's the best bike I've ever owned as it's very nice to ride on the road and extremely forgiving out on the lanes.

Has all the lights etc plus electric start (and kick) so you get the best of both worlds. Bags of torque but not at all scary in how it's delivered, so the only bit you need to decide (which would be the same for any trailie) is choosing tyres that are a suitable compromise for road and lanes. If you find some you really like - let me know! ;)

Went for the DRZ400S as it was a really good example with only 3300 miles. I didn't consider the KTM's due to hearing stories about how expensive they are to maintain and fix but by the sounds of it yours is fine.

I'll be using it daily and on the greenlanes at the weekend so need some good tyres too, will see how long the ones that are on it last/how it handles and let you know.

EDIT: Just looked at some old pictures and found out that my DT125RE had Michelin T63's on. They lasted ages on the road and although I never took it greenlaning, I imagine that they would cope fairly well.

Archived