Fps + Rpg + Loot =

K.os Theory

it's just insane! I'm a loot whore, so this is pure unadulterated heaven for me...I'm kinda glad that there's no armour loot now, I mean could you imagine armour being generated on the same level as the guns!

just noticed this on the eurogamers site :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/borderla...ayers-of-skills

be careful out there folks!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1up reports that Borderlands players are encountering a rather serious bug that resets their character's skills to zero when they try the game online.

According to posts on the Borderlands forum, skill points and weapon proficiencies are sometimes lost when you join or leave an online play session, and players have no option but to start from scratch with a new character. The problem has been experienced across 360 and PS3.

"We're working on it. Unfortunately there isn't a fix just yet, but when one is available we hope to be able to repair as much of your character data as possible," a Gearbox rep replied to one unlucky player.

Gearbox says the frequency of the bug is "very low" in its known issues list, but it's serious enough that we thought it worth bringing to your attention. You might want to think twice before going online with the game if you don't want to lose progress.

Eek!!

picked up my first orange tonite, 2 infact in the same box!!! one was a repeater ( not too good ) and the other was a 3 shot revolver with regenerating ammo, 240ish damage per shot, x3 zoom, 90% accuracy and x3 fire elemental! :lol:

loot drops are increasing exponentially now, i've got 24 spaces in my bag and it's constantly full of blues and greens!

i'm finding the difficulty is ramping up quite a bit now, loads of badasses...I'm loving this game! :D

I managed to kill Mad Mel by accident last night, had the wrong quest selected and just wandered in to his area, a bit of a struggle but killed him off after 2 deaths from being completely unprepared.

I seem to be finding Blues and Greens and a few Purples, normally Purple shields though. My weapons seem to have stalled everything I am getting is worse or not that much better than I have.

I found that pretty easy :

I died and then didn't go into his arena, just sat on the ramp with a sniper rifle and rocket launcher ...easy ;)

it's funny how you're struggling to find improved weapons, i'm struggling to find improved shields ( with health regen ), i'm still using a blue shield I found at lvl 8... <_<

I was about to try that method but in my first position my rockets hit the ramp, and when I edge closer I fell in.

I need to collect more Claptraps as I keep having to sell or dump some of my less good gear. Currently only have 18 slots.

I have just upgraded from a purple shield I had from level 5 I think, 270 capacity with "very slow" health regen to a puprle with 306 and "slow" health regen.

I think I will grind the red boxes in New Haven a few time once I get there to try and get a few epic drops.

Did some more 4 player multi last night

I did a bit of coop earlier today. I'm level 22 and the guy I was playing with was 23\24. What disappointed me was after the session had ended, my quest book was full of his quests - none of which I've actually reached! Its a bit crap because the quests are now open and you don't really have an idea to the background or build up to each quest.

That aside - great game. It can get a bit intense in battle and I've lost count the number of times the second wind has saved me.

In terms of guns, a purple 2-shot exploding revolver has served me well since level 11 and I'm around 22 now. There's some quality guns.

Still no oranges for me, a few nice purples including a shotgun with 60x12 damage, and just got my first alien weapon a sort of sniper rifle with 5 shot magazine and infinite ammo could take down a fully shielded lvl 24 bandit/psycho in two shots when I was lvl 22.

Don't want to rush to finish up the game but Dragon Age:Origins is coming next week so want to have this finished for then.

I did a bit of coop earlier today. I'm level 22 and the guy I was playing with was 23\24. What disappointed me was after the session had ended, my quest book was full of his quests - none of which I've actually reached! Its a bit crap because the quests are now open and you don't really have an idea to the background or build up to each quest.

Yep, deffo worth having a separate 'online' character so you don't spoil your single player game.

Patch incoming

Gearbox Software has announced that they will be releasing a patch for their title Borderlands tomorrow to help correct a few issues. The patch will only be available for the Xbox 360 version, though we're sure the same patch will reach the PS3 and PC soon enough. The patch is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (October 30th) at approximately 2 am CST. The following issues are being addressed in the patch:

Fixed a bug which caused players and other things in the world to appear incorrectly on clients in networked games.

Fixed a bug in which players gibbed in arena combat disappeared.

Fixed a bug which caused the dollars counter to spin continuously.

Fixed a bug that caused the digger elevator to be unusable after completing the Find Tannis mission.

Weapon mapping to the D-pad should no longer reverse left and right.

Various localization and other text and tooltip corrections.

The introductory quests with CL4P-TP should now always progress properly all the time.

Lilith's Phase Strike ability now works as intended.

Load times have been improved.

put in a few hours yesterday, picked up a few more "orange" weapons ( a crazy assed fire spewing smg that reloads faster than you can say reload )...re-specc'd my char as well...got mind games fully loaded it's a great help, it kinda stuns mobs and slows them right down.

Had my first run-in with the Crimson Lance guys as well, my advice carry lots of ammo and don't be afraid to use it! :lol:

The game is still delivering and i've still not played co-op yet ( currently lvl 31 )

Only had a few oranges and am getting close to the end. Although my blues are better than any orange I have found. I recently found an smg that does 70x4 dmg which tears through most things, Badass Engineers take some killing, in a few shots killed the RakkHive in one clip of 54

Have found my first "Pearlesant" weapon but its a repeater which I never use.

I have got my full 42 inventory slots which helps but I still seem to be finding grenade mods and shields and only a few decent weapons.

I think I will leave my second play trough for a while, maybe until after Dragon Age.

Archived