Iom In Computer Weekly

Mutley

What a load of old flannel.

Whenever I used to read a pile of bs nonsense like this:

"In fact, it means that an IT professional who aspires to lead a sizeable team needs the "political" skills to empathise with the ambitions of users but the steely centre to ensure that those ambitions do not blow the core strategy off course."

I used to move on to Dilbert and DPM's Diary to get a proper sense of perspective...

Articles like that should make the author and subject (frequently one and the same) absolutely squirm with embarrassment.

"In IT terms, I have not cut myself off," he says. He points to key talks he is currently holding with Microsoft's Redmond campus about a long-term relationship.

Well he might as well marry them, make it official..

edit for typo

What a load of old flannel.

Whenever I used to read a pile of bs nonsense like this:

"In fact, it means that an IT professional who aspires to lead a sizeable team needs the "political" skills to empathise with the ambitions of users but the steely centre to ensure that those ambitions do not blow the core strategy off course."

I used to move on to Dilbert and DPM's Diary to get a proper sense of perspective...

Articles like that should make the author and subject (frequently one and the same) absolutely squirm with embarrassment.

Well...isn't all business and office language now full of double-speak, crap metaphors, and 'power' language that quickly becomes cliched.

Was the person about which this article was written (and which I clearly have not taken the time to read) the person responsible for the decision to "upgrade" our government PCs from XP to Vista at significant expense (and probably for spending to upgrade the hardware too), at a time when the the Treasury coffers are under strain and the Examiner is telling us things like the numbers of teachers the Dept of Ed can afford to employ may be reducing etc etc? If so.. it is a pity I cannot point that out on the same article as there is no commenting available. Is our government going to "upgrade" to windows 7 from Vista in a few months (at more expense etc etc)?

I wonder just what it is that drives the demand for these upgrades.. is running microsoft office and the internet browser SO demanding of fancy desktop widgets and 3-d screen savers that they HAD to upgrade to Vista?

Was the person about which this article was written (and which I clearly have not taken the time to read) the person responsible for the decision to "upgrade" our government PCs from XP to Vista at significant expense (and probably for spending to upgrade the hardware too), at a time when the the Treasury coffers are under strain and the Examiner is telling us things like the numbers of teachers the Dept of Ed can afford to employ may be reducing etc etc? If so.. it is a pity I cannot point that out on the same article as there is no commenting available. Is our government going to "upgrade" to windows 7 from Vista in a few months (at more expense etc etc)?

I wonder just what it is that drives the demand for these upgrades.. is running microsoft office and the internet browser SO demanding of fancy desktop widgets and 3-d screen savers that they HAD to upgrade to Vista?

Totally left-field here......you're not in IT are you? :rolleyes:

Totally left-field here......you're not in IT are you? :rolleyes:

Given me a headache though, like most things IT related.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived