Nigerian Taliban

La_Dolce_Vita

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8175627.stm

Oh great, another country where despicable Islamists want to force their way of life onto the people.

And you don't?

What is that pointless Utopia you pointlessly drone on about?

What a contradiction, I take it you want to know? I don't force people to believe it, that is up to them. And you can hardly comment on my apparent political proselytising when it is so common in respect of conventional doctrine.

Quite a different thing to force sharia law and the twisted beliefs of religion onto people.

What a contradiction

No it isn't. What are those "Anti-Capitalist" clowns after who smash up city centres, invoke skirmishes with the Dibble, intimidating the workers of the towns and cities trying to do?

If that isn't a show of violence to bring about their bloody stupid way of 'proselytising' then I don't know what is.

No it isn't. What are those "Anti-Capitalist" clowns after who smash up city centres, invoke skirmishes with the Dibble, intimidating the workers of the towns and cities trying to do?

If that isn't a show of violence to bring about their bloody stupid way of 'proselytising' then I don't know what is.

Bananamen, you are not the police and you are not the property of businesses. Anti-capitalists are not forcing any way of life on you but are responding to attacks and use of force by the Police.

As to intimidation, I don't know what you are referring to. Are you referring to the single-issue anti-banking people who wanted to bankers a good kicking in London. These weren't anti-capitalists. And anti-capitalists have no reason nor no cause to intimidate workers - however, the employers have a vested interest in painting a picture of how everyon is all in the same boat and require protection from these people.

None of this is FORCING a way of life and belief system on people. These are demonstrations of outrage, not efforts to force the will of the minority over a majority.

you are not the property of businesses.

Yes I am. Very much so.

And a succesfull one too!

*Off topic I apologise but it's all Lala's fault*

So even if I have happy staff and happy customers, because I own a business your happy clappy mindless bufoons have a license to smash it up in the name of share the wealth?

Get a grip you!

Please.

Hehe, well the smashing of property is not productive and is solely a symbolic act by those on extreme fringe who want to take a pop at the corporations in an pointless way.

But as I said, this push by religious idiots to force their way of life, their rules, and their understanding on others is very, very different.

*Off topic I apologise but it's all Lala's fault*

I don't think so.

I don't think so.

Yayyy! You created your own bit of anarchy and you deny it! Pah!!

Back on our track - explain one push towards Islamic exremist idealism and the putsch that you and your idealists endear too? You've both shown the world that you can and will you pointless violence to make your point.

I have aspirations. I want a brand new Range Rover Vogue SE and by golly my company will get me one. Not this year, I was hoping for next year but sadly the real boss (my beautiful wife, will want a digital x-ray suite). But it's an aspiration I have. Why should you pointless thugs take that away from me and my family?

Why?

I don't think so.

Yayyy! You created your own bit of anarchy and you deny it! Pah!!

Back on our track - explain one push towards Islamic exremist idealism and the putsch that you and your idealists endear too? You've both shown the world that you can and will you pointless violence to make your point.

I have aspirations. I want a brand new Range Rover Vogue SE and by golly my company will get me one. Not this year, I was hoping for next year but sadly the real boss (my beautiful wife, will want a digital x-ray suite). But it's an aspiration I have. Why should you pointless thugs take that away from me and my family?

Why?

What are you talking about, you seem to have a gross misunderstanding of the anti-capitalist movements and people. The Taliban and muslim extremists don't make points, they actively use violence to further their ends. And you are comparing this with occasional use of vandalism against property at a demonstration in anger at corporations.

What thugs would take it from your family? No anti-capitalist is going to use violence to take those things away from you. It is simply about educating of critiques of capitalism and giving people the opportunity to see that the current system we have is appalling and could possibly be better, and that might involve possibly changing such aspirations.

I do think you are being disingenuous about all of this.

I do think you are being disingenuous about all of this.

No I'm not. This is the the current 'pop' word on the forums isn't it?

Sadly I don't think I ever seen it used in it's correct context. You show me where you think I wasn't being sincere Lala.

This incident also disturbs me - Women Whipped for wearing Trousers

I think this sort of thing is dispicable - its totalitarianism and the fact its religious totalitarianism doesn't alter the coercive, brutish nature of it. The PC brigade have jumped up and down insisting I respect other people's beliefs - well I disagree - the puritanical talibanization of Islam - reducing women to uneducated, burkah clad chattles is a social evil which should be opposed not embraced as diversity.

Pat Connel expresses it rawly but I don't think incorrectly.

It's disgusting. I'd love to see these men have a whip cracked across their pious heads.

The PC brigade have jumped up and down insisting I respect other people's beliefs - well I disagree - the puritanical talibanization of Islam - reducing women to uneducated, burkah clad chattles is a social evil which should be opposed not embraced as diversity.

All religion should be opposed in my opinion.

That Pat Condell is often right, but I don't like the tone of his arguments and there is something behind his hate of religion that I don't like, maybe it is nationalism. He also seems too exaggerate on some matters as well.

All religion should be opposed in my opinion.

I am hardly surprised with your viewpoint, but i do not agree with it. Where a religion infringes on people's freedoms and rights it should not be tolerated, otherwise deluded simpletons should be allowed to worship whatever god they choose. It boils down to a basic question of liberty.

I am hardly surprised with your viewpoint, but i do not agree with it. Where a religion infringes on people's freedoms and rights it should not be tolerated, otherwise deluded simpletons should be allowed to worship whatever god they choose. It boils down to a basic question of liberty.

Infringes on freedoms and rights? Well...is it right that parents indoctrinate their children to believe in God by taking them to Sunday school and telling them about God? Is it right for religious figures to be recognised as people who views have significance in matters of politics? Though I don't know how much it is done today, but is it right for children to be introduced to religion through hymn singing and possibly the invitation of clergyman to address assemblies? These are just some examples.

Really what I am getting at is that religion should be opposed in the sense of ridiculing it and criticising it. If you want to address liberty, it should be asked in those examples what liberties the child has to be free from such nasty brainwashing.

Archived