A Septic Lady Bikers Thoughts Of The Iom

marshall_42

Cregneash an Amish community? Never heard that one before! Anyway it's not the worst I've heard about the IOM after what I had to put up with at the Laxey Wheel last year. I was questioned by some daft clot who was mystified by it all.

The actual conversation:

Man : "'Ow does it work?"

Me: "How does what work?"

Man: "The wh-e-e-l."

Me: "It's water powered."

Man: "Don't see any wat-er!"

OFFS WTF was that shimmering liquid of no fixed abode doing gushing out of the bloody hillside? I gave up trying to explain.

Cregneash an Amish community? Never heard that one before!

I thought that was a bit odd likening Cregneash to Amish communities, though I suppose she was referring more to how it was a place where you could go to see how things were done in ye olde times when we all had no teeth and spent every weekend drunkenly dancing to annoying accordian music (a facet of life sadly absent in Cregneash).

Cregneash an Amish community? Never heard that one before!

I thought that was a bit odd likening Cregneash to Amish communities, though I suppose she was referring more to how it was a place where you could go to see how things were done in ye olde times when we all had no teeth and spent every weekend drunkenly dancing to annoying accordian music (a facet of life sadly absent in Cregneash).

Except most Amish are teetotal and dancing is banned from their communities.

Except most Amish are teetotal and dancing is banned from their communities.

Hence the "we" rather than "they"*.

*and no, I don't care if ye olde manx had awesome dental hygiene and an impassioned hatred of accordians. It was a throwaway comment, and not worthy of pissing everyone off with a cross thread fued so let's nip it in the bud right here shall we?

Archived