You Were Only Supposed To Blow The Bloody Doors Off...

slinkydevil

Reminds me of the late, great, Dougie Hook who was enlarging his cellar in Port Erin when he dug under the foundations of the adjoining properties.

The result de-stabilised several buildings which then had to be knocked down

A much missed character who didn't do things by halves

Much more impressive than the usual bang followed by a cloud of dust and a heap of rubble. Personally I would love to see one of those old mill chimneys slowly rising from the ground like an Atlas rocket and disappearing into space.

There was the bloke that wanted to dig out a car parking space on the gardens behind the gaiety, the whole garden collapsed and he had to bring in loads of earth/sand to fill it in again. Only a couple of years ago.

I remember saying to the digger driver, "are you sure that'll stand up?" while pointing to a 60ft tree on the edge of the precipice, needles to say, it fell over.

There was the bloke that wanted to dig out a car parking space on the gardens behind the gaiety, the whole garden collapsed and he had to bring in loads of earth/sand to fill it in again. Only a couple of years ago.

I remember saying to the digger driver, "are you sure that'll stand up?" while pointing to a 60ft tree on the edge of the precipice, needles to say, it fell over.

Pine tree?

Archived