[BBC News] Big beer glass promotes campaign

Newsbot

The scheme called "Pop in and drive home" is similar to that used at Christmas,

hope this scheme is more cost effective than that farce they had going a christmas,a similar plastic piss pot with a dummy inside would be transported by

5 DOT Workers attendies would deliver it to Tesco mid morning then sit around in the cab of a DOT wagon till 1ish then move then it in to Strand street and would hang out in the wagon for the rest of the day claiming 9 hours @ overtime rate + 1day holiday in lue :o

Working on this logic, perhaps the dog mess issue could be resolved by exhibiting a huge plastic dog turd at various locations?

What a complete waste of time and money, that glass is so large it would not fit through a pub door , so therefore your average drink driver will be totally unaware of its existence whilst sat on his/her bar stool getting rat arsed only to drive home oblivious to their ridiculous message, "you couldn't make it up"

Parading an unfeasibly large beer glass around the Island as a means of warning against the dangers of drink driving seems a bit patronising to say the least.

Like that giant cigarette that I think they had in the Sea Terminal a bit ago.

What next a massive hypodermic needle proppped up against the Laxey Wheel to warn against the use of illegal drugs?

(Or a massive seagull on the harbour bridge, purpose as yet to be determined)

It's like living in Land of the bloody Giants!

If I see a giant empty beer glass it's just going to make me think of beer even more . Likewise if they tried to run a thing for healthy eating and had a giant bacon sandwich on disply it wouldn't make me think oh no I eat too much unhealthy food , I would most likely start salivating in a Homer Simpson stylee and wonder which shop was selling the monster bacon butties .

If they used the giant plastic dog shite idea I would probably just think it was another piece of "art" in a similar vein to the big shitehawk.

Archived