Uh Oh! We're In Trouble

Declan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amagad. The police? wtf has it got to do with them? I'm serious. The postings were in very poor taste BUT anyone with half a brain would know that without the police telling them FFS. There is no point getting upset over faceless postings on an interweb forum, I'm quite good these days but I used to be an ignorant little pest, I was just young and not so clever, it happens.

The thread got out of hand & was pulled, that is the responsible thing to do, who grassed? (before anyone takes that seriously - I do not think someone grassed, maybe the police can read)

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Mods don't actively monitor threads, we rely on people using the Report Post function responsibly. The thread in that report was removed within 15 minutes of a report being received.

It's a fine line and we sometimes over moderate and sometimes under moderate. We do our best, but as Mutley says, people do need to take some personal responsibility for the garbage they post at times.

Folks are sometimes forced to take personal responsibility for what they post as in here. Didn't it also cost the forum as a whole a similar amount?

I tend to think of the forums as a honest and brutal take on life.

The forums is just like having a good chin wag with a local gossip or three.

I know some posts can be a bit raw but i love the honesty of the whole place.

Good or bad i think we all deserve a few words, isnt that what it is like being free and fair. :D

Oh isn't Pat's other account Jehovah?

Aren't you usually one of the first to complain at people's sock puppets being outed? :)

No, I've outed Keyboarder as virtually every poster on here.

Of course it would be wrong for a mod to confirm that people are posting from the same ip address.

But that's very different from putting two and two together.

I don't have any active sock puppets - this forum is far to dull for them.

maybe the police can read)

Not only that, but they have computas with interwebnet access & phones, too - trust me, I know...

To re-quote ans:

people do need to take some personal responsibility for the garbage they post at times.

We only had one report.

It's very difficult for us to enforce "community style" moderation when nobody from the "community" seems to object. I was glad somebody did eventually report it though because I'd personally not read the thread until that point.

No, but a reported post creates a discussion about the validity of a complaint among the mods generally. Not all complaints are upheld, some are dismissed outright and some require no discussion at all and are deleted immediately.

The point is, although I can only really speak for myself, we don't seem to have been aware of the thread. The report brought it to our attention and it was acted on. We don't read everything. It would be too time consuming, and quite frankly depressing.

Reported facts as told to me by a relative. Also I didn't impune either persons character or moral standing, unlike some others.

Derek Flint has my address, not a word from him.

I have nothing to be ashamed of.

I won't even go into who has which sock puppet, wouldn't want to upset Keyboarder.

I have met Juan Clegg, good bloke all round. Maybe it wasn't me he was calling insensitive?

Let it lie there.

Archived