Uh Oh! We're In Trouble

Declan

I don't have any active sock puppets - this forum is far too dull for them.

7,944 posts and counting.

you knew that was coming, right?

Also I think you should change the title of this thread. Each time I read it I get that awful song by (quick google) 'Shampoo' in my head - thanks for that.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't read everything. It would be too time consuming, and quite frankly depressing.

Excactly, I've made quite a few posts now so I can quite can understand that.

I don't think I saw the thread in question, let alone post anything on it. That's not an open invitation to go and prove me wrong though Ans ;)

If I did, which I doubt and could be wrong, although I don't think I did, I plead that my account was hijacketed again by that lowly of lows, the devious scoundrel, Keyboarder.

As for the rest of you, bad form and you should all be fined by the admins for each post you made which was considered inconsiderate to the family or friends. Either that or be banned and lose your loser name and title. Open a paypal 'swear box' type of thing and call it the 'Inconsiderate Bastard Fund' (IBF) That should cool them down. As for me, well I guess that I'll just have to quit and toddle off to a more immature forum because I'll not be able to afford to post on this one again I guess. See, win win situation for you.

I don't have any active sock puppets - this forum is far too dull for them.

7,944 posts and counting.

you knew that was coming, right?

Sensible then or humourless. I did expect that response though but I thought it would come from Gladys, one of you newbies anyway, the old skool posters would understand.

Also I think you should change the title of this thread. Each time I read it I get that awful song by (quick google) 'Shampoo' in my head - thanks for that.

It's an ace song, and putting it back in your head is my gift to you.

Ans - I think people would be more inclined to report posts if they got an acknowledgement that it had been received.

Jehovah - you revealled information that wasn't in the public domain, still isn't in fact, and the copper did raise insensitiveness but he also said "clearly some recent comments on Manx Forums have not been helpful towards a particular case we were looking at...please allow the police to investigate matters, properly and thoroughly and we will explain the situation to the press where there is a public interest and it certainly doesn't help to have wild speculation or rumour" - that's you he's talking about son.

I think the post was in-sensitive and a thoughtless...

I just don't see how the hell it stops them investigating a crime?? I mean is here any worse than any pub or staff room for rumour mongering.

On the subscribers drop down menu, is there a scratch and sniff option?

I'm just curious what Sanctimonious smells like.

Just thinking (my first today) it might have been helpful if the Policeman in question, who evidently read the comments on Manxforums, had added his cautionary comment here rather than 'going around the houses'. May have had a quick and salutory effect - then again....

No doubt he wanted to be seen to be doing his job.

For what its worth, I don't believe for a minute the police read the forum and thought 'quick better get on the radio'. I think it is much more likely someone from MR, reading the forum in the hope of finding a news story (because its far easier to get someone else to do the leg work for you), saw the thread and thought 'well, we can't report that speculation, but I bet if I call the cops and tell them I can get a couple of comments which will fill one of the news slots.' In essence, Manx forums was grassed up by the media. does that qualify as investigative journalism?

I'm new here but FWIW i'm against any kind of censorship or moderation. Forum moderation is a complex issue but as far as this particular case goes, i had heard the same rumours from other people who don't use the forums. Gossip is all it was. Are we to ban gossip on the forums? What is the difference between hearing it from a friend or colleague and hearing it on here?

I resent the police intrusion in the matter. I'm sure the police would like to silence speculation and gossip but they can't, and we shouldn't allow them to interfere in this bastion of free speech!

Archived