Arkham Asylum Demo Coming This Friday

TheBloodyNine

Good news Batman fans, Eidos today announced that the demo for their upcoming Batman: Arkham Asylum is coming this Friday, August 7th, on the Xbox Live Marketplace, PSN and is also available for Games For Windows

This is the blurb from Eidos about the demo.

"The Batman: Arkham Asylum™ demo opens as the DARK KNIGHT and COMMISSIONER GORDON return The Joker back into confinement at ARKHAM ASYLUM. But things soon fall apart as THE JOKER gains the upper hand and springs a trap, setting Arkham Asylum’s occupants upon Batman. The demo offers gamers a taste of the fierce FreeFlow™ combat system, the cunning stealth of the Invisible Predator™ mechanic, and the feeling of becoming the WORLD’S GREATEST DETECTIVE as they navigate Arkham Asylum’s imposing Intensive Treatment facility. Players can unlock character bios, as well as get a sneak peak at some of the infamous foes that BATMAN will encounter within the cavernous and macabre confines of Arkham Asylum."

One happy camper right here.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the fact that it wasn't just about mashing buttons to kick the f**k out of a million thugs (unlike the demo of Watchmen: The End Is Nigh) - the stalking inmates and picking them off one by one was great and very true to the way that Batman usually operates.

just downloaded it and played it

it was good... similiar to assassins creed perhaps?

I am not sure if I would get bored of doing the same hiding motions for umpteen levels but it's nice and different and the 3rd person stuff works well with a mouse

Just The Hut :)

thanks for that, i'll be giving them a closer inspection!

played through the demo again last nite, found 2 Riddler tokens ( was trying to see if it was at all possible to level up in the demo area )...took my time with the room full of goons, brilliant just watching them freak out to the sounds made from the generators! You reall y do have a sense of power when stalking them! :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived