Arkham Asylum Demo Coming This Friday

TheBloodyNine

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be dragging my ass into Douglas on Friday lunchtime to purchase this for sure. Best superhero game I've ever played and that was just the demo. They've really nailed the whole ambience of Arkham and the ass-kickery of Batman - bring it on Joker!

Slim - I'll echo K.os comment regarding the testers jobs, am sick of the current job and wouldn't mind doing something I enjoy for a living ;)

Apparently the testers job is hell, they don't stick at it long, very repetitive, shit pay and not as fun as you think playing the same game for years.

Had some mates got their copies delivered today, reports are very good, looks like a winner! I think I'm going to be a tightwad and wait for it to drop in price, single player games seem to fall pretty quickly these days.

Most if not all jobs are like this. If you do a job you enjoy, it's better than one you don't but I'd still say what started as a fun hobby, when it's your job, becomes less fun. More ups than downs but still puts you off doing the same stuff in your spare time.

First impressions after about 4hours play last nite...

it's big...really big, and surprisingly it's like a metroidvania game ( new gagets being handed over at certain points in time ).

the voice acting is superb ( Mark Hamil as the joker is especially good )

the combat is deeper than it looks especially when goons have different hand-held weapons and there are more than 4 of them ( I've encoutered some groups of 9 ).

the graphics are fantastic ( seeing Batman's suit suffer from damage during the game is an especially nice touch )

if you're a batman fan there is a tonne of lore hidden around the asylum ( if you're willing to hunt it down ).

Yes all my impressions are positive, but to be honeset during last nite's playthrough I didn't notice anything negative!

All in all it's one of the best games i've played this year, up there even as one of the best of the generation. If you're sitting on the fence about this and don't trust the reviews believe me, it's worth the money. I'm already looking forward to playing through again on the hardest difficulty!

Might have to get involved with GAME at lunchtime, or HMV.

I hear that. I'm not entirely happy about hitting town at the best of times never mind at lunch time, but for this game I will.

BTW - when pre-ordering off the Game website, do they dispatch the product to get here for release day? I was going to order it but then got cold feet as I didn't want to have to wait around, wondering if it'll drop in the post or not. Anyone had any experience pre-ordering from Games website?

Might have to get involved with GAME at lunchtime, or HMV.

I hear that. I'm not entirely happy about hitting town at the best of times never mind at lunch time, but for this game I will.

BTW - when pre-ordering off the Game website, do they dispatch the product to get here for release day? I was going to order it but then got cold feet as I didn't want to have to wait around, wondering if it'll drop in the post or not. Anyone had any experience pre-ordering from Games website?

I've stopped going into GAME in street, I use their online service and always get the game 1day before release, I do pay a little extra for the 1 day express delivery but ;)! I get it delivered to the office so I don't have to worry about the postie not being able to fit it through the letterbox :D

plus the pre-ordering you sometime get some additional bonus, I got an extra challenge room with my pre-order...a villain one ( purhaps scarecrow?? ).

I've stopped going into GAME in street, I use their online service and always get the game 1day before release, I do pay a little extra for the 1 day express delivery but ;)! I get it delivered to the office so I don't have to worry about the postie not being able to fit it through the letterbox :D

Email from Amazon yesterday to say its been dispatched....posty brings nothing this morning. So popped along to Gamesmater in Ramsey which appears to be no more....the trudge to Douglas it is then!

Email from Amazon yesterday to say its been dispatched....posty brings nothing this mornhttp://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getnewing. So popped along to Gamesmater in Ramsey which appears to be no more....the trudge to Douglas it is then!

Oh? Gamesmasters gone titsup?

Brilliant game so far, loving the scarecrow bit, one scary character.

Btw, if you want your preorders early, Shopto.net are really goood for getting the games to you a couple of days early and if you don't get it on release day, they give you a couple of quid back :)

Archived