Flattened

Speckled Frost

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe the venue should go where dandara were refused to build, that garage on the quay bridge

Thats quite a good idea really. However, I'm sure it will not be long before Dandara change the planners minds. Perhaps there will be another mysterious fire, I vaguely remember the thing with the fire at the Majestic now, it was shortly after asbestos was discovered in the building, I think.

The Government planning people should be shot with a ball of their own crap, they don't give a runny poo if the island lost some more leisure facilities. As long as they keep up their level of licky licky brown nose with Dandara then thats just all cosey and nice for them.

Who is responsible for this stupid decision? speak up now as I have a poo gun awaiting your poo!

I guess that the bottom line is that a big building space is worth more if it is rebuilt as flats. It doesn't even depend upon them all being quickly sold - since they become financial assets for the balance sheet.

164 flats is worth what? Perhaps £20m or more. If they were priced at an average of £122k each. Less building costs.

Is my maths right?

I wonder, for comparison, what the income is - less costs - on a big club.

Well some nice apartments would be a hell of a lot better to look at than a load of drunk people fighting and chavs all over the place heh

Why don't you walk down the feckin prom then. All there is now is flats. You need to chill out about the venue, personally i have seen more fights happen outside strand 58 than i have seen in or outside the venue, doesn't mean i cane strand because it's violent. I accept that people get rowdy and drunk, dutch courage and all that xxxxx. I imagine you'd kack your pants if you went for a night out somewhere like Nottingham.

P.S. Grasp the fact that if the venue goes all those horrible mean people who you hate so much will still go on nights out and they will go to places that you previously liked, if the venue closes look forward to plenty of nights in because all the clubs will become filled with the spawns of satan (i.e. venue customers in your world)

all the clubs will become filled with the spawns of satan (i.e. venue customers in your world)

What makes you think all the other clubs will let in the pill popping tracksuit wearing trendfag teenagers in the first place?

What makes you think all the other clubs will let in the pill popping tracksuit wearing trendfag teenagers in the first place?

I have never seen anyone in a tracksuit in the venue, i haven't seen anyone that was obviously on pills in the venue for a long time the venue's staff and bouncers have got tighter and the people who are clearly going to start trouble don't get in....much the same policy as any other club in Douglas.

Are the other clubs going to turn away customers because they have ventured into the venue. In my experience people don't go to the venue when it's doors open anyway, they tend to go to another club before hand. So the people who go to the venue already get into other clubs, why will they not be allowed in any more?

Hey theres nothing wrong with Rock City, or the Bell, or the Irish Club or Ritzy's (if its still standing)

Yeah the clubs are alright but the place is rough as sandpaper. I counted about 14 seperate fights when everyone was leaving the clubs.

Yeah the clubs are alright but the place is rough as sandpaper. I counted about 14 seperate fights when everyone was leaving the clubs.

Well maybe the new licensing laws allowing longer opening hours will help curtail everyone spilling out at the same time and fighting over the q for Kebabs.

Archived