Dog Farms

MilitantDogOwner

Just watched a section on Sky News about Dog Farms in the UK.

There are few things that will bring a tear to my eye but the....words escape me but disgusting is the closest I can get to...conditions that these dogs were being breed and raised in just made me sick.

One of the pups on the footage looked very similar to my Gizmo (the Lhasa Apso in my Avatar).

Yet the worst thing is that the farms are licensed and will not be shut down.

How can a nation that calls itself "a dog loving" nation allow this?

Has anything like this ever happened here? And if so what happened?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes - there was an experiment with one here, but it soon closed down when it became clear that dogs didn't lay eggs and taste like crap.

LMFAO

There are few things that will bring a tear to my eye but the....words escape me but disgusting is the closest I can get to...conditions that these dogs were being breed and raised in just made me sick.

One of the pups on the footage looked very similar to my Gizmo (the Lhasa Apso in my Avatar).

There's a place in Foxdale that breeds to order apparently. Not sure if it has ever been investigated. I doubt it.

There's a place in Foxdale that breeds to order apparently. Not sure if it has ever been investigated. I doubt it.

Yeah but that's mutants not dogs.

Yes - there was an experiment with one here, but it soon closed down when it became clear that dogs didn't lay eggs and taste like crap.

True - dog hasn't really got much of a taste.. Quite bland, but very greasy though.

I know the Manx (for the most part judging by some of the patrons of this forum) have a great sense of humour, and like to take the piss out of me cos I'm a bit of a tosser.

Fixed

Did not watch the programme but isn't it the case that those who wish to own exotic breeds (Lhasa Apso, my arse), or "must have" pedigrees supply the demand that these (admittedly unpleasant) dog farmers cater for?

There are plenty of nice dogs at the MSPCA, and from other sources, living humanely, which would welcome the chance to have a loving owner/family.

Crocodile tears don't wash.

I know the Manx (for the most part judging by some of the patrons of this forum) have a great sense of humour, and like to take the piss out of me cos I'm a bit of a tosser.

Fixed

No need for fixing, my original statment stands. You only have to look at the Dog Walking thread to see how anti-dog people are on this forum.

Archived