Strange Gaming Habits...

K.os Theory

Just wondering what ( if any ) strange habits people have when playing games?

with RPG's I'll hoard items, if I come across any unique weapons they won't be used ( my suite in Fallout 3 is full of very nice unique weapons that i'm afraid to use! :huh: ) and I'll always play my first playthrough as a "good" male character and on my second will always choose to be an "evil" woman :D .

in FPS's I tend to creep everywhere and prefer to use silenced weapons even if there are more powerful ones available :ph34r:

with anything openworld and non-linear I just love to explore, collecting whatever the developers have hidden away before even starting on the main missions...

Ah you mean in the games... When saw the topic I instantly thought of how I have to sit in the same seat on the sofa and in the same position or I can't play.

My Pad (not the spare one for player two, MY PAD! there is a difference) is left in the same place when not in use and don't even think about touching my Astros or twiddling the knobs on my mixamp 'coz I'll break your fingers! :lol:

So no I don't think I really have any gaming habits.

My main gaming habit is when playing FPS games when i'm exploring a new zone even if I come to an area I know will take me to the next part I will always double back and make sure I have explored every single passageway, road, corridor, room etc before moving on to the next bit.

When I am in DLW mode I always have the curtain risers set to 2. I find you get more depth - though if you use the zero setting, it's difficult to get zone through-power, or at best you have to control fluctuation. Much more fun that way though

I have a horrible habit of trying to physically peer round the corner of the screen in FPS rather than move in the game

I can't play FPS on consoles - mouse and keyboard all the way

I always seem to find a great camping/sniping spot when armed with an assualt weapon and end up in a street fight with a sniper rifle

I hate playing online against faceless people but love LAN's

I suffer from COD4 rage and used to have terrible Madden anger issues

I get bored very quickly on single player games - never completed at GTA game.... Max Payne was the last proper game I completed

I think he means having your "button" hand above the controller so you can have all fingers involved rather than just using your thumb.

I occasionally use it but don’t play many beat em ups or fighting games so don’t have a particular style. Although when Tekken 6 comes out of the 360 I will be learning.

I don’t have many strange habits, if I play online I tend to have a head set but not talk, I have such varying online skill levels in can look like multiple people playing, one minute I’m crap then I’m single handedly killing every one and tapping cap points alone, then I get shot and cant play for toffee for a few more spawns

Only real habit I have is when playing an online multiplayer game for the first time, I try it out by trying to get in the way of the fun. For instance, in a game where there's vehicles involved (GTA4, Burnout Paradise etc), soon as I'm let loose online, I'll park in the road and wait for someone to plow into the side of the car. GTA4 is good for this, cos you can easily block a road during a race with laps. Eventually I'll get bored and play properly, but my first go is always in search of doing something unexpected and antisocial. Says a lot about me, I guess.

Only real habit I have is when playing an online multiplayer game for the first time, I try it out by trying to get in the way of the fun. For instance, in a game where there's vehicles involved (GTA4, Burnout Paradise etc), soon as I'm let loose online, I'll park in the road and wait for someone to plow into the side of the car. GTA4 is good for this, cos you can easily block a road during a race with laps. Eventually I'll get bored and play properly, but my first go is always in search of doing something unexpected and antisocial. Says a lot about me, I guess.

you forgot to mention that strange face you pull when playing Guitar Hero :D

you forgot to mention that strange face you pull when playing Guitar Hero :D

Shut your hole, woman. We do not discuss things of that nature here :D

Archived