Piano Teachers

Tranq

I've had a piano for ages and think it's time to learn properly.

I can't sight read music too well, nor know my scales, so I'm effectively a beginner looking to start from scratch.

So, are there any Music Teachers on the Island you would recommend and what are the typical rates?

Ideally looking for someone close to Onchan if possible.

Don't know if Barbara Thomson is still available.

She's in Kirk Micheal. Worth a try.

Most people who went to primary school in the North and West of the Island owe it to her and (sadly deceased) Bill for teaching them the basics of Piano and Violin.

(This was the late seventies and early eighties - it might have all stopped now.)

I've had a piano for ages and think it's time to learn properly.

I can't sight read music too well, nor know my scales, so I'm effectively a beginner looking to start from scratch.

So, are there any Music Teachers on the Island you would recommend and what are the typical rates?

Ideally looking for someone close to Onchan if possible.

£15-£25 per half hour I found.

I rang lots of teachers from the Music Centre Directory and they were all fully booked and unable to take either a beginner or a Grade 1 pupil. I am teaching them myself instead. Good luck! If you find someone with spaces let us know.

September is a good time to get a spot with a popular teacher, as they lose students who leave the island to study.

We use Dimitar, he's good:

http://www.musicteachers.co.uk/teacher/64334cee700321c9a5eb

Archived