Seriously though...

I think the following are essential connections:

LGW

London City

Dublin

Belfast

Liverpool

Manchester

If I had to add one then it would be somewhere on the continent. Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels are all good hubs and also good for business. However realistically I can't see it happening.

Slightly off topic. Someone I know was telling me a friend of theirs was flying from the US to the UK in a private plane and was going to stop off in the IOM to meet him (how the other half live). When he found out the landing charges here he said bugger that and flew to Liverpool instead. Are the charges here that bad?

They certainly used to be. It used to be the same to land here as Heathrow but that's going back a few years. Perhaps it hasn't changed, judging by your comments.

Slightly off topic. Someone I know was telling me a friend of theirs was flying from the US to the UK in a private plane and was going to stop off in the IOM to meet him (how the other half live). When he found out the landing charges here he said bugger that and flew to Liverpool instead. Are the charges here that bad?

It seeems a bit fanciful that someone incurring the expense of flying in a private plane from the US to the UK (do they hold that much fuel?) would baulk at the expense of Ronaldsway landing charges.

"He flew to Liverpool instead" Instead of what? You said he was flying to the UK. Well if he was intending to fly to London (City,say), then what sort of a compromise is that. If he was going to meet your friend he would have had to have flown Flybe to the Island from Liverpool (or used the IOMSPCo) and back to rejoin his plane, or if not got himself to London, or wherever by some other means than his private plane.

Or was his plan always to go to Liverpool?

I don't understand.

Amusing that you view Galway and Cork as being in the British Isles.

'Apologies if this has been done before.

The airlines seem to operate mostly on statistics from existing routes. Ignore that idea, and simply list the top (or more) Oceani Insula :luck: airports that you would be likely to fly to/from, if you had the choice. Perhaps, if we get a good range, we should start a poll.

62.jpg

My list:

1. Southampton
  2. Belfast International
  3. Bristol
  4. Teeside
  5. Manchester
  6. Birmingham
  7. Derry
  8. Inverness
  9. Cork
  10. Galway