Where Would You Like To Fly To?

Fossils

The people of the Republic of Ireland wouldn't find it amusing at all!

Generally doesn't seem to be a problem - would be if called the Anglo-Saxon Isles...which has a certain irony as it was the Normans who were invited into Ireland and stayed for centuries - not the poor old Anglo-Saxons who were also under the Norman yoke (even Robert de Bruce and William Wallace the famous Scots were of Norman descent.....).

Anyway I would like to see Cork added to Irish destinations.

Talking of Normans, have not seen mention of the Isles Anglo-Normande - are Jersey and Guernsey necessary destinations? IMO not very important but that MO.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amusing that you view Galway and Cork as being in the British Isles.

I wasn't joking, but I'm happy for you to find it amusing.

The people of the Republic of Ireland wouldn't find it amusing at all!

I'm sure the people of the Republic of Ireland have more important things to think about.

I doubt they would give a tinkers cuss about it.

Slightly off topic. Someone I know was telling me a friend of theirs was flying from the US to the UK in a private plane and was going to stop off in the IOM to meet him (how the other half live). When he found out the landing charges here he said bugger that and flew to Liverpool instead. Are the charges here that bad?

It seeems a bit fanciful that someone incurring the expense of flying in a private plane from the US to the UK (do they hold that much fuel?) would baulk at the expense of Ronaldsway landing charges.

"He flew to Liverpool instead" Instead of what? You said he was flying to the UK. Well if he was intending to fly to London (City,say), then what sort of a compromise is that. If he was going to meet your friend he would have had to have flown Flybe to the Island from Liverpool (or used the IOMSPCo) and back to rejoin his plane, or if not got himself to London, or wherever by some other means than his private plane.

Or was his plan always to go to Liverpool?

I don't understand.

If you like you can have my friend's number and you can ask him yourself. You seem far more interested in it than I was when he was telling me...

Slightly off topic. Someone I know was telling me a friend of theirs was flying from the US to the UK in a private plane and was going to stop off in the IOM to meet him (how the other half live). When he found out the landing charges here he said bugger that and flew to Liverpool instead. Are the charges here that bad?

It seeems a bit fanciful that someone incurring the expense of flying in a private plane from the US to the UK (do they hold that much fuel?) would baulk at the expense of Ronaldsway landing charges.

"He flew to Liverpool instead" Instead of what? You said he was flying to the UK. Well if he was intending to fly to London (City,say), then what sort of a compromise is that. If he was going to meet your friend he would have had to have flown Flybe to the Island from Liverpool (or used the IOMSPCo) and back to rejoin his plane, or if not got himself to London, or wherever by some other means than his private plane.

Or was his plan always to go to Liverpool?

I don't understand.

If you like you can have my friend's number and you can ask him yourself. You seem far more interested in it than I was when he was telling me...

Well yes I am curious, Did you not think to ask him these questions yourself while he was relating his story?. I'd be interested, if he was my friend.

Anyway yes I'll take you up on your offer of his number.

(You may wish to forewarn him that he'll be getting a call from a stranger about his travel arrangements and the circumstances behind the call so he doesn't find it a bit peculiar)

Perhaps you could also supply me with his first name, so as to break the ice when I do call.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Archived