[BBC News] Motorcyclist killed in collision

Newsbot

A motorcyclist dies when his bike collides with a car on a road on the TT course in the north of the Isle of Man.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8186973.stm

A motorcyclist was killed when his bike was involved in a collision with a car ON A ROAD NEAR the Glentramman area on the TT course, Isle of Man Police said

So nothing to do with the TT, the TT course or anything else about racing.

Just setting the record straight!

It was on a portion of road that forms part of the TT course 2 weeks a year, the rest of the time it is just a road. The BBC just love to link deaths to the TT in away they can through complete laziness and lack of any journalistic ability.

Although still terrible news no matter where it happened. Thoughts for the family and friends.

It was on a portion of road that forms part of the TT course 2 weeks a year, the rest of the time it is just a road. The BBC just love to link deaths to the TT in away they can through complete laziness and lack of any journalistic ability.

The rest of the time it isn't just a road, it's the TT course all year round. Bikers and performance car drivers go for a blast round the course rather than use other roads, I see them every weekend. This tragedy has happened to a visiting motorcyclist on the course, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest he was on that road because it forms part of the course.

The rest of the time it isn't just a road, it's the TT course all year round. Bikers and performance car drivers go for a blast round the course rather than use other roads, I see them every weekend. This tragedy has happened to a visiting motorcyclist on the course, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest he was on that road because it forms part of the course.

It was a local rider who was in collision with a 4x4 from the UK, Please why don't you wait until the full facts are disclosed.

Hey Slim why not get the facts right before you go of and rant http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Biker-dies-...ent-.5528822.jp

It was a local rider who was in collision with a 4x4 from the UK, Please why don't you wait until the full facts are disclosed

Yes, your right, I misread the article on IOM today. I'm not speculating anything, just going off what's been reported. Doesn't change my point that it was on the TT course, and that the course is treated as such by speed enthusiasts all year round.

It was a local rider who was in collision with a 4x4 from the UK, Please why don't you wait until the full facts are disclosed

Yes, your right, I misread the article on IOM today. I'm not speculating anything, just going off what's been reported. Doesn't change my point that it was on the TT course, and that the course is treated as such by speed enthusiasts all year round.

Wrong again, the roads you are refering to are public roads and DO NOT become the TT or MGP course until accepted by a clerk of the coarse, insured and approved under a court approved road closing order. Fact

Wrong again, the roads you are refering to are public roads and DO NOT become the TT or MGP course until accepted by a clerk of the coarse, insured and approved under a court approved road closing order. Fact

Don't be silly.

I don't really think it matters to be honest, I ride my bike on parts of the TT course to get to work, if I were in an accident on my way to work would everyone automatically assume because it was "on the TT course" I was riding like a dick?

I think it's a bit unfair to the guy and his family to assume that just because he was on the TT course his riding was stupid / dangerous.

Thoughts with his family.

Archived