[BBC News] Motorcyclist killed in collision

Newsbot

Havent we just had our knuckles rapped on this sort of speculation.....can we leave the semantics for another day?

I agree wholeheartedly.

Tragic event, whatever and wherever.

Me too

FFS once again a stupid pointless argument begins about the position of a road minutes after this thread has opened.

A poor bloke has sadly lost his life. Quit the ridiculous petty point scoring.

Condolences to all involved

Do we have to have yet another debate about speeding and motorbikes in a thread like this?

Anyway, what is wrong with debate? If there is anything good about a death like this it is its ability to create debate, and isn't that why we're here? What's your problem with it?

If all we are allowed to do after someone dies on the roads is post banal platitudes like some of those posted above, then it would be better not to bother with the thread in the first place. Even if members of the deceased's family were to read those comments they'd hardly take much comfort in the fact that an anonymous person with a silly name is sending their condolences.

Is that supposed to count in your favour? Idiot.

Yes it is, I was clarifying my point as there was a misunderstanding. Is that not permitted lord sausages?

This accident was on the TT course, people call it the TT course all year round. As Lee said, it legally might not be adopted as an official racing circuit all year round, but it is used as a circuit to ride/drive around and many of the accidents on it over the years have been from people using it as such. The charity sidecar push was 'round the TT course' for example.

Is that clear enough? Is there anything there you don't agree with or are you just having a snipe?

Archived