Manx Forums Mixtape Project

As a direct result of my "pot calling the kettle black" incident in Bananamans "what are you kistening to" thread.

The Manx Forums Mixtape Project, or MFMP for short.

On a theme, pick a track, any genre but has to fit in with the theme. The track has to be on iTunes or provide a link to a legal mp3 site.

I'll do the first one, might take me couple of weeks to put it together.

So in this thread, the first 12 tracks will go into the mix. Applications are only valid from wednesday morning at 8am, so that anyone has a chance to put their track on, plus gives you couple of days to think about it.

I'll pick the first theme. Laidback in the sunshine.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I very confused - you want us to nominate a song that is somehow suggested by the theme "Laid back in the Sunshine", but not now, Wednesday? And they must be legally downloadable, why? And then what happens?

I very confused - you want us to nominate a song that is somehow suggested by the theme "Laid back in the Sunshine", but not now, Wednesday? And they must be legally downloadable, why? And then what happens?

...and what happens with my suggested lyrics?? :

Doof doof, doof doof doof doof doof

Doof

Clunk

Simples, reason for delay is so people who want to get involved get the chance to rather than starting it last night, legally downloadable cos i will download it and mix it all into a mixtape, then i'll bang it on here. Really didn't think that needed spelling out Declan. If its a shit idea its a shit idea, but thought it might be fun to put together and if people get involved they'd have more reason to hear other peoples music.

It's themed so that its easier to put together, so that it needs thought about rather than just someones favourite death metal alongside somethin calmer, has to fit together, there'll be another theme next time, picked by someone else.

Arthur, you can stick your suggested lyrics in your ass.

You didn't mention that you were going to glue them all together into a mixtape. I'm unclear though why they need to be legal sources if you're then going to mash them altogether and upload them, wouldn't the upload be illegal? Could you stream it somewhere instead?

Archived