Eyesore

fergie

Ramsey commissioners had their moment of architectural glory in St Pauls square - everything done since then is an attempt to rival the grandeur of that planning decision.

/me lols..

I have spent a fair bit of time in Ramsey lately, and it is a god foresaken place. It actually looks like a town that has been deliberately left to rot, or is about to be used for an atomic test.

It is a shame, because it has a lot of potential.

But the heart of Ramsey is missing. Ramsey seems to revolve around nothing, and just be a collection of housing estates, a few spread out shops and parked cars.

Douglas revolves around it's town centre, it's shops and businesses, beach and marina etc.

Somebody needs to suggest a way of putting the heart back into Ramsey i.e. redeveloping in a coordinated way the town centre and business district there, and a marina etc. Even when the tide is out in Ramsey, it looks and feels like it has left for good.

It'll cost money, and will mean a major rethink, but I think the investment will be returned in the longterm. Wasting such a large sum of money on the pier in this respect will reap little reward - and is missing the whole point IMO.

Just one downside....the toilets at the cafe. In need of updating and they was a slight 'parfum de piss' about the gents. I guess that could just be a timing issue, but they could be made a lot better for not much cash.

No. Spending less pennies there would solve it.

was recently in north wales (just passing through) but stopped in Rhyl, spending a penny cost 20p, and the general state of the buildings on the promenade really made you appreciate Douglas ! ~ it was like a run-down Ramsey but with more people

Archived