The Tt Safety Debate

jonnyrotten

As a matter of interest, the Helicopter/s used for the MGP is/are funded by the MGP Supporters Club with donations from fund raising etc. I don't believe it is funded by the government.

but it is scandalous the whole case. i knew there was a helicopter fund, but i always assumed this was just used as a top up for items above and beyond the 'necessary'. but relying on charity to fund a vital part of getting the racing going is wrong.

That's right. The TT and MGP should be paying for this.

In fact, why have we not got a medical helicopter on call all year round. Or is it just people who choose to race who should get preferrential treatment as opposed to taxpayers who fund the Island's NHS scheme all year round

Lost count of this afternoon's chopper visits to Nobles. I think the one just coming in is #10...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well fubar ....we're waiting ....are you going to inform everyone or are you going to leave your quote as a 'man in the pub' statement.

Well it must have been the porter who operated on me in TT fortnight a few years back then or do you mean that Des Lynham really does have a tattoo on his lip saying f*** off?

In fact, why have we not got a medical helicopter on call all year round. Or is it just people who choose to race who should get preferrential treatment as opposed to taxpayers who fund the Island's NHS scheme all year round

You really think that's jsutified given the size and population of the Island...dude...chillax.

Hey, don't fret, I'm chilled! I just think, to say that it's 'scandalous' to fund the TT chopper by charitable donations and not the taxpayer is ....well .....'scandalous' !

While we're at it ......

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Car-driven-...osed.5625873.jp

I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often. Incidentally I thought the roads were closed from 10 last Friday as per normal and was surprised to discover they's shut at 9.30 when I tried to cross Bray Hill. So I can understand this sort of thing happening

While we're at it ......

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Car-driven-...osed.5625873.jp

I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often. Incidentally I thought the roads were closed from 10 last Friday as per normal and was surprised to discover they's shut at 9.30 when I tried to cross Bray Hill. So I can understand this sort of thing happening

It does not say a lot for the Marshalls on duty that they appear to not have paid enough attention to get details like a car registration number or that the roads were apparently closed off properly if the car was able to enter and exit on to what were closed roads. Mind you one of the marshalls I saw last week was on crutches and it did make me wonder quite what they could do in a serous accident accept make the odd phone call.

Why doesn't the Isle of Man government just legalise cannabis, cocaine, speed and ecstacy for 2 weeks in June every year, promote it worldwide and when it does happen, put a 20 mile per hour speed limits on the roads.

I think this will work better than the TT and less risk to lives, it certainly will give the non bicycle riding members of the family something to enjoy!

Archived