Teenager Electrocutes Himself

monasqueen

When climbing onto the top of a "disused train" did it not occur to him that those big cables above him might just be live?

Children don't always think of the dangers of things before they do something. What a terrible accident.

It wasn’t an accident, it was a teenager who had deliberately broken in to where he should not have been and was doing something he should not have been doing and has paid the price. Granted a high price but that’s just tough.

Maybe this single event will get through to the feral scum who do go around ignoring warnings and directives NOT to do a thing where years of talking has achieved nothing.

By all accounts this lad came from a good family and was well liked by his school friends, he was 13 and to some 13yr olds this would be like a bit of an adventure, not all children of his age are feral scum as you put it, think back yourself to when you were 13 or have you forgotten what it was like to be a teenager. :(

We all make mistakes in life and I mean all of us, this poor lad paid the ultimate price and maybe you have just been lucky.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When climbing onto the top of a "disused train" did it not occur to him that those big cables above him might just be live?

Children don't always think of the dangers of things before they do something. What a terrible accident.

It wasn’t an accident, it was a teenager who had deliberately broken in to where he should not have been and was doing something he should not have been doing and has paid the price. Granted a high price but that’s just tough.

Maybe this single event will get through to the feral scum who do go around ignoring warnings and directives NOT to do a thing where years of talking has achieved nothing.

By all accounts this lad came from a good family and was well liked by his school friends, he was 13 and to some 13yr olds this would be like a bit of an adventure, not all children of his age are feral scum as you put it, think back yourself to when you were 13 or have you forgotten what it was like to be a teenager. :(

We all make mistakes in life and I mean all of us, this poor lad paid the ultimate price and maybe you have just been lucky.

Was he also a "lovely lad" and "never any trouble" like every child that dies, it seems like the only sure fire way to survive being a child is to be a horrible little shit.

No the kid didn't deserve to die no one of that age does, well very few, but was it as a result of his own stupidity. Maybe his friends will have learnt something from their actions but as they are teenagers I doubt they will.

I remember very well what it was like being a teenager, there’s no way that I would have broken into somewhere. My ideas of adventures were very much the same as most others of my age at that time and didn’t involve even petty crime.

It wasn't a case of being lucky, it was a case of being decent and upright in society even as a child and then teenager, a principle that seems to be totally lost these days.

We all make mistakes?

Certainly we do but breaking the law isn’t a mistake, and nor is breaking into somewhere that signs specifically tell you not to and even spell out the reasons why.

Of course he didn’t deserve to die.

I have the greatest sympathy for his family and recognise the tragedy of a lost life at such a young age, but that’s not the point.

The point is that he like so many didn’t give a stuff for authority and the law and instead work on a variation of the Witches Rede, ‘And thou don’t get caught, do as thou wilt’.

Those younger don’t even give a dam about getting caught as long as they are under the age at which they can get brought before a court.

Maybe, just maybe his death will get the message over to the feral scum that rules mostly exist for good reasons, and should NOT be broken.

I remember very well what it was like being a teenager, there’s no way that I would have broken into somewhere. My ideas of adventures were very much the same as most others of my age at that time and didn’t involve even petty crime.

It wasn't a case of being lucky, it was a case of being decent and upright in society even as a child and then teenager, a principle that seems to be totally lost these days.

We all make mistakes?

Certainly we do but breaking the law isn’t a mistake, and nor is breaking into somewhere that signs specifically tell you not to and even spell out the reasons why.

I have the greatest sympathy for his family and recognise the tragedy of a lost life at such a young age, but that’s not the point.

The point is that he like so many didn’t give a stuff for authority and the law and instead work on a variation of the Witches Rede, ‘And thou don’t get caught, do as thou wilt’.

Those younger don’t even give a dam about getting caught as long as they are under the age at which they can get brought before a court.

Maybe, just maybe his death will get the message over to the feral scum that rules mostly exist for good reasons, and should NOT be broken.

Where did it say he broke in, as far as I am aware the fencing was down and had been for some time and they just walked in, and the fence was fixed the morning after this accident, and who said they were involved in petty crime ? sorry mate but I come from Toxteth in Liverpool and I can assure you from my upbringing this lad does not fall into the catagory of the kids you are on about, dont get me wrong I have no time for little scallies either, but I think you are generalising here. But there again you are a goody two shoes aren't you. :)

We all make mistakes?

Where did it say he broke in, as far as I am aware the fencing was down and had been for some time and they just walked in, and the fence was fixed the morning after this accident, and who said they were involved in petty crime ? sorry mate but I come from Toxteth in Liverpool and I can assure you from my upbringing this lad does not fall into the catagory of the kids you are on about, dont get me wrong I have no time for little scallies either, but I think you are generalising here. But there again you are a goody two shoes aren't you. :)

They were trespassing and last time I looked that was a crime.

We all make mistakes?

So in your life you have never been on land that you should have not been on, and if you say no you haven't I would simply say bollocks.

So in your life you have never been on land that you should have not been on, and if you say no you haven't I would simply say bollocks.

Yes I have but I didn't kill myself or seriously injure my friends. I also didn’t play in train yards, or electrical substations, or any where else that had bright yellow “danger of death” signs all over the entrance. Surprisingly I knew that there was a chance I would die had I gone in to them.

Plus you said "and who said they were involved in petty crime " trespassing is a petty crime. He died while committing a petty crime.

Yes I have but I didn't kill myself or seriously injure my friends. I also didn’t play in train yards, or electrical substations, or any where else that had bright yellow “danger of death” signs all over the entrance. Surprisingly I knew that there was a chance I would die had I gone in to them.

Plus you said "and who said they were involved in petty crime " trespassing is a petty crime. He died while committing a petty crime.

So it's Ok to commit petty crimes as you have admitted to like trespass as long as you don't kill yourself, listen mate this kid made an error of judgement at an age of 13 that was all I was pointing out, but some people in here have nothing better to do but to castigate this poor kid.

Well I can say no, and I'm telling the absolute truth and you can say what you like but it won't change the facts, I have not.

What’s more I’ve never been involved in any form of criminality at any time.

And know what?

That’s not in the least bit unusual for people like me of my age. What’s more we were not in the minority, most people deliberately and consciously avoided breaking the law.

It was about decency and pride. Pride in ourselves and not wanting to be criminals, or even be thought of as being criminals or when much younger, of being juvenile delinquents.

It was also about pride in our families and not wanting to bring shame into our families. There was shame on the individual and on the family when a kid or an adult was punished.

I can remember one lad at school who was birched and the furor it created, I was mates with his younger brother and was absolutely forbidden to have anything whatsoever to do with him after the news came out and rightly so.

It was about decency by wanting to live decent lives being considerate to other people and caring for their belongings no matter if it was individuals or business owned or state owned. The emphasis was on owned, we knew we didn’t own it, therefore we too care not to damage it.

People who today have lost sight of the moral high ground let alone aspire to 4reach it consistently assume that everybody has their own moral turpitude. Well guess what. They don’t.

Well I can say no, and I'm telling the absolute truth and you can say what you like but it won't change the facts, I have not.

What’s more I’ve never been involved in any form of criminality at any time.

And know what?

That’s not in the least bit unusual for people like me of my age. What’s more we were not in the minority, most people deliberately and consciously avoided breaking the law.

It was about decency and pride. Pride in ourselves and not wanting to be criminals, or even be thought of as being criminals or when much younger, of being juvenile delinquents.

It was also about pride in our families and not wanting to bring shame into our families. There was shame on the individual and on the family when a kid or an adult was punished.

I can remember one lad at school who was birched and the furor it created, I was mates with his younger brother and was absolutely forbidden to have anything whatsoever to do with him after the news came out and rightly so.

It was about decency by wanting to live decent lives being considerate to other people and caring for their belongings no matter if it was individuals or business owned or state owned. The emphasis was on owned, we knew we didn’t own it, therefore we too care not to damage it.

People who today have lost sight of the moral high ground let alone aspire to 4reach it consistently assume that everybody has their own moral turpitude. Well guess what. They don’t.

Jesus lad get off your soapbox, are you on one or what, you are taking this thread to were I ain't going. :huh:

So it's Ok to commit petty crimes as you have admitted to like trespass as long as you don't kill yourself, listen mate this kid made an error of judgement at an age of 13 that was all I was pointing out, but some people in here have nothing better to do but to castigate this poor kid.

First the way I use to trespass was to play in the school field after hours, not go play in a rail yard.

Second his error of judgment nearly killed 2 other people, it doesn’t matter he was 13 I knew at a much younger age that trains and railways were fucking dangerous my parents made it abundantly clear that playing even near the fences was dangerous, I understood that if there is a big fence, even if it has fallen over, that you shouldn’t go in.

First the way I use to trespass was to play in the school field after hours, not go play in a rail yard.

Second his error of judgment nearly killed 2 other people, it doesn’t matter he was 13 I knew at a much younger age that trains and railways were fucking dangerous my parents made it abundantly clear that playing even near the fences was dangerous, I understood that if there is a big fence, even if it has fallen over, that you shouldn’t go in.

Ok mate I stand defeated you were the perfect child who grew up to be the perfect adult so who am I to opine to you.

Archived