Teenager Electrocutes Himself

monasqueen

Jesus lad get off your soapbox, are you on one or what, you are taking this thread to were I ain't going. :huh:

As I'm well over 60 I'm hardly a lad. Secondly I'm not on a soapbox, just pointing out that there are still many people who do NOT break the law and even try to avoid doing so.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus lad get off your soapbox, are you on one or what, you are taking this thread to were I ain't going. :huh:

As I'm well over 60 I'm hardly a lad. Secondly I'm not on a soapbox, just pointing out that there are still many people who do NOT break the law and even try to avoid doing so.

Well mate I am just under 60 so that makes me a lad, I also uphold the law as your goodself, all I am saying to you is look at the bigger picture here, you have put this poor lad in along with pond life and from what I have gathered he is not, not everycap fits and at an age of 60 plus I would have thought you would have known that.

By all accounts this lad came from a good family and was well liked by his school friends, he was 13 and to some 13yr olds this would be like a bit of an adventure, not all children of his age are feral scum as you put it, think back yourself to when you were 13 or have you forgotten what it was like to be a teenager. :(

We all make mistakes in life and I mean all of us, this poor lad paid the ultimate price and maybe you have just been lucky.

I remember very well what it was like being a teenager, there’s no way that I would have broken into somewhere. My ideas of adventures were very much the same as most others of my age at that time and didn’t involve even petty crime.

It wasn't a case of being lucky, it was a case of being decent and upright in society even as a child and then teenager, a principle that seems to be totally lost these days.

We all make mistakes?

Certainly we do but breaking the law isn’t a mistake, and nor is breaking into somewhere that signs specifically tell you not to and even spell out the reasons why.

Of course he didn’t deserve to die.

I have the greatest sympathy for his family and recognise the tragedy of a lost life at such a young age, but that’s not the point.

The point is that he like so many didn’t give a stuff for authority and the law and instead work on a variation of the Witches Rede, ‘And thou don’t get caught, do as thou wilt’.

Those younger don’t even give a dam about getting caught as long as they are under the age at which they can get brought before a court.

Maybe, just maybe his death will get the message over to the feral scum that rules mostly exist for good reasons, and should NOT be broken.

Where did it say he broke in, as far as I am aware the fencing was down and had been for some time and they just walked in, and the fence was fixed the morning after this accident, and who said they were involved in petty crime ? sorry mate but I come from Toxteth in Liverpool and I can assure you from my upbringing this lad does not fall into the catagory of the kids you are on about, dont get me wrong I have no time for little scallies either, but I think you are generalising here. But there again you are a goody two shoes aren't you. :)

They were trespassing and last time I looked that was a crime.

Not in the UK.

Well mate I am just under 60 so that makes me a lad, I also uphold the law as your goodself, all I am saying to you is look at the bigger picture here, you have put this poor lad in along with pond life and from what I have gathered he is not, not everycap fits and at an age of 60 plus I would have thought you would have known that.

If you look back to page 1 of this thread you will find that what I wrote was ---

‘Maybe this single event will get through to the feral scum who do go around ignoring warnings and directives NOT to do a thing where years of talking has achieved nothing.’

That did not say that the ‘dear departed’ was pond life or ferial scum (though in my mind judging by what he was doing at the very least the jury is out) what it DOES say is that those who should be under parental control but are let to walk the streets like stray curs might get a wake up call from seeing what can happen.

And I am NOT your mate.

If you look back to page 1 of this thread you will find that what I wrote was ---

‘Maybe this single event will get through to the feral scum who do go around ignoring warnings and directives NOT to do a thing where years of talking has achieved nothing.’

That did not say that the ‘dear departed’ was pond life or ferial scum (though in my mind judging by what he was doing at the very least the jury is out) what it DOES say is that those who should be under parental control but are let to walk the streets like stray curs might get a wake up call from seeing what can happen.

And I am NOT your mate.

Thank God for small mercies

Not in the UK.

"Trespassing on the Railway" is last time I looked.

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/aspx/981.aspx

In the UK trespass is not a crime, if you ignore the sign Trespassers will be Prosecuted it will bring in a Civil Liability not a Criminal Liability. :P

But Trespass on the railway is a criminal offence, compaired to other trespass that is covered under the common law tort of trespass.

By all accounts this lad came from a good family and was well liked by his school friends, he was 13 and to some 13yr olds this would be like a bit of an adventure, not all children of his age are feral scum as you put it, think back yourself to when you were 13 or have you forgotten what it was like to be a teenager. :(

We all make mistakes in life and I mean all of us, this poor lad paid the ultimate price and maybe you have just been lucky.

I remember very well what it was like being a teenager, there’s no way that I would have broken into somewhere. My ideas of adventures were very much the same as most others of my age at that time and didn’t involve even petty crime.

It wasn't a case of being lucky, it was a case of being decent and upright in society even as a child and then teenager, a principle that seems to be totally lost these days.

We all make mistakes?

Certainly we do but breaking the law isn’t a mistake, and nor is breaking into somewhere that signs specifically tell you not to and even spell out the reasons why.

I have the greatest sympathy for his family and recognise the tragedy of a lost life at such a young age, but that’s not the point.

The point is that he like so many didn’t give a stuff for authority and the law and instead work on a variation of the Witches Rede, ‘And thou don’t get caught, do as thou wilt’.

Those younger don’t even give a dam about getting caught as long as they are under the age at which they can get brought before a court.

Maybe, just maybe his death will get the message over to the feral scum that rules mostly exist for good reasons, and should NOT be broken.

You're too obsessed with the 'sanctity' of the law. These kids shouldn't need to give about the authority of the legal system. It is possibly their understandable reaction to the imposition of an authority on them and being told what they shouldn't do that has put them there in the first place. Or could have had an influence on why there they are. If you have someone telling someone else to not do something, threaten punishment, but cannot explain how you come to have that authority then people will ignore or challenge it. I am glad that children and adults do not recognise the authority of the legal system and the state.

I am glad that children and adults do not recognise the authority of the legal system and the state.

That is about the most horrifying statement that I’ve come across in a long time.

If people and especially children do NOT recognise the authority of the legal system and the state all that is left is the law of the jungle.

You're too obsessed with the 'sanctity' of the law. These kids shouldn't need to give about the authority of the legal system. It is possibly their understandable reaction to the imposition of an authority on them and being told what they shouldn't do that has put them there in the first place. Or could have had an influence on why there they are. If you have someone telling someone else to not do something, threaten punishment, but cannot explain how you come to have that authority then people will ignore or challenge it. I am glad that children and adults do not recognise the authority of the legal system and the state.

I'm not going to argue over the whole fuck the law bit as that is your opinion and all that.

But I think in this case the reasoning behind all the signs saying "keep out" and the big fences, that happened to be down in one place, along with the general consensus that playing on the railway is fucking stupid, is pretty easy to explain. The rail lines have thousands of volts running through them and if you get to near there is a chance it will ark to you, and you will either die or be horribly burnt.

In this specific case it is perfectly reasonable that it be out of bounds.

Not in the UK.

In the UK trespass is not a crime, if you ignore the sign Trespassers will be Prosecuted it will bring in a Civil Liability not a Criminal Liability. :P

But Trespass on the railway is a criminal offence, compaired to other trespass that is covered under the common law tort of trespass.

Yes it is if your there with criminal intent ie: putting a lump of concrete on the line, but if you are just walking the line so to speak it is only a civil prosecution

We all make mistakes?

I am glad that children and adults do not recognise the authority of the legal system and the state.

LDV you have even worried me with one. :(

Not in the UK.

Yes it is if your there with criminal intent ie: putting a lump of concrete on the line, but if you are just walking the line so to speak it is only a civil prosecution

From Network Rail

Trespassing on the railway is a criminal offence which carries a fine of up to £1,000. A child of 8 years or older in Scotland and 10 years or older in England & Wales can be prosecuted by the police. A child of 12 years or older can be sent to a residential care unit. In Scotland, you will be sent to the Procurator Fiscal who will give you a reparation order which may mean that you have to attend a course or have to take part in community punishment projects.

Putting objects on the tracks (like rocks or shopping trolleys) could cause a train accident which may hurt or kill other people. If you do this, then you can be prosecuted by the police. The maximum penalty for causing a train accident is life imprisonment. If your child is charged with causing a train accident, then you may be prosecuted by the police too.

Graffiti is also a serious crime which can result in a prison sentence.

If you are caught trespassing or vandalising on the railway, then you will be prosecuted by the police.

Seems to imply any trespass on the rail way is a criminal offence. Although we are now just arguing semantics as there is little chance that his friends will be charged.

Although the part about causing a train accident being punishable by life in prison seems interesting, surely this is a train accident. The boy was on a train and the event was certainly an accident, does this mean that to the letter of the law the parents could be prosecuted?

Archived