[BBC News] Views wanted on ferry firm fares

Newsbot

I think they provide a marvellous service at a very reasonable price and have very high levels of customer service.

*Gazes happily at money in brown envelope*

is this week's investigation or last week's, or the week before ?

how many investigations do we have each month into the Steam Packet ffs

This OFT review is pointless - as the minister in charge of the OFT often states, he has no legal powers anyway.

IMO it's just the OFT trying to show that they are doing something whereas there's really nothing they can do unless the Racket breaks the terms of the single user agreement.

We covered this on the radio a couple of days ago, and the young lady from the OFT said there WAS a point to it, that the report would go to CoMin who DO have the necessary powers (via Tynwald) to cap prices if they're found to be excessive.

It's apparently a proper exercise too - comparing other operators, port charges, the whole caboodle.

We covered this on the radio a couple of days ago, and the young lady from the OFT said there WAS a point to it, that the report would go to CoMin who DO have the necessary powers (via Tynwald) to cap prices if they're found to be excessive.

It's apparently a proper exercise too - comparing other operators, port charges, the whole caboodle.

I must have missed that part - I would like to see Tynwald try to take action, it'll end up in court I'm sure. If you look at prices paid for the IOMSPc recently I'm sure the owners are confident that they can get away with current pricing for as long as they want to.

It may be my failing memory but in the 1970's travelling to Liverpool was a pleasure.

It may be my failing memory but in the 1970's travelling to Liverpool was a pleasure.

No Traveling FROM Liverpool was the pleasure :D

Trust me, for someone brought up near Ramsey travelling to Liverpool was pretty spectacular.

Archived