Charlie Marries Camilla

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BBC says 8th April, bugger - I'm in London then, just what I need

I heard that date on the news just now (8th April is my birthday). It seems a bit quick doesn't it as that's only 8 weeks away. Also seems unlikely that they'll announce a new bank holiday as it's not that far away :(

Will she become HRH Princess Camilla?

No, she will become HRH Duchess of Cornwall and then if he becomes King, she will become the Princess Consort.

The marriage is likely to be a sensitive issue because Mrs Parker Bowles is divorced and her former husband is still alive.

Are they trying to say that it would be better if he was dead?

Funny comment!

Stav.

Edit: If it's of any interest, there will be a BBC News Special on Charles and Camilla tonight at 7pm on BBC1.

The marriage is likely to be a sensitive issue because Mrs Parker Bowles is divorced and her former husband is still alive.

Are they trying to say that it would be better if he was dead?

Funny comment!

Not a funny comment at all but highly pertinent. Anglicans of a certain persuasion (and many other denominations within the Christian church) consider remarriage after divorce a form of legal adultery; since no man should put asunder what God has joined together, divorce does not exist for them and the woman is still considered to be married.

However, if the divorced spouse is dead, the divorce makes no difference. In their eyes, she is then a widow and perfectly entitled to remarry.

Archived