Charlie Marries Camilla

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see on the news this morning that Charlie & Camilla have had to move their wedding to the Saturday as Tony Blair and the Arch Bishop will be attending the Pope's funeral on Friday and the Queen wants Charles to go as her representative as well.

And now the grand national has been put back a bit because of this bl**dy wedding. Doesnt leave muchtime for charlie to zoom up to aintree, saddle up the old mare, camilla, and see if they can make it as far as beechers brook on the first lap!!

The whole affair is rapidly becoming a shambles. Is this an omen of doom for the unlucky couple, do you think, or just one of those things? Nah ... they're made for each other!

I had a registry do with my second. Nice and simple. In the door, 'I do', out the door again. Registrar said it was the fastest marriage she'd ever performed!

Honeymoon was my fastest ever too. One night in a tiny backstreet B&B in Lyme Regis. That's the way to do it! I pity couples who put on these lavish events and then end up paying it all back for the first five years of their marriage. Living with someone else is hard enough without slapping that sort of financial strain on top. Big dresses, carriages and cakes are great if you can afford them. But a wedding isn't a marriage.

• 2 weeks later...

Camilla has announced that she was very pleased with the way that the wedding arrangements went. Unfortunately, she has declined the Queen's kind offer to have a weekend in Paris complete with a car and a driver.

Stav.

Archived