[BBC News] Road repairs after lorry accident

Newsbot

ahhhhh, must have scratched their new shiny tarmac :lol:

Which cost £1.4 million and has made no difference at all to help the traffic flow. In fact, the Onchan queue from Laxey direction in the mornings is even longer than ever because the mountain traffic can approach the roundabout at a much higher speed and there are even less gaps to fit into. I wonder if they have ever been back to monitor the difference and discover what a total waste of money the whole thing was?

ahhhhh, must have scratched their new shiny tarmac :lol:

Which cost £1.4 million and has made no difference at all to help the traffic flow. In fact, the Onchan queue from Laxey direction in the mornings is even longer than ever because the mountain traffic can approach the roundabout at a much higher speed and there are even less gaps to fit into. I wonder if they have ever been back to monitor the difference and discover what a total waste of money the whole thing was?

I think that the reason for the new section of road and roundabout was to bypass the old narrow piece of road which wasn't wide enough for two tits in 4x4s to pass each other. HGVs and buses also caused problems when car drivers in a rush wouldn't leave space to let them pass.

Archived