Perseids Meteor Showers

CJW

Did anyone get up this morning at 2am to watch the "dramatic" meteor shower (est. 100 per hr)? It can be seen for the next few nights but this morning between 2am and 4am was the peak.

100% cloud cover in Ramsey meant that I couldn't see anything. DOHH.

had a look about 10pm and then 11.30 when the sky was fairly clear and saw about 5 (always after the camera had taken it's time exposure and was storing the image) and had another look in the early hours but there was some more cloud about so not much chance then.

'pings' are better on radio, they are not affected by cloud !

We were very lucky due to very clear skies and pretty much zero light pollution.

So there was a magnificent show of lights zooming accross the sky.

It reminds me of when the children were young and there was a similar display and we all lay in sleeping bags, in a row, in our St Johns garden gazing up into the sky.

I forgot to look, too busy looking for bats.

off-topic, but did you see any? We've recorded up to 4 species in our garden - including Leisler's!

It wasnt off topic, ive just spent the last few days avoiding shit loads of bats, I just dont like them flapping around my face lol.

I just never got a chance to look up at the sky, kept my head down :rolleyes:

I forgot to look, too busy looking for bats.

off-topic, but did you see any? We've recorded up to 4 species in our garden - including Leisler's!

It wasnt off topic, ive just spent the last few days avoiding shit loads of bats, I just dont like them flapping around my face lol.

I just never got a chance to look up at the sky, kept my head down :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ.

Archived