Mgp Bad Weather Plan To Avoid Commuter Chaos

KMC

By JOHN TURNER , iom online

CONTINGENCY plans to ease traffic flow if races are delayed by bad weather this year have been announced by Manx Grand Prix organisers the Manx Motorcycle Club.

If bad weather delays racing at this year's event, roads will remain open unless and until conditions improve sufficiently for racing to take place.

The revised plans now mean roads can close later in the day and racing could continue into the evening.

To accommodate rush-hour commuter traffic, all roads except the stretch from Ramsey Hairpin to the Creg-ny-Baa would reopen for one hour between 5pm and 6pm.

Failing light would probably mean racing has to end by 8pm and this could mean races run over fewer laps.

TT Marshals' Association chairman Bill Carden said: 'This will definitely need our swift assistance in getting the roads re-closed on time and ready to go.

'It goes without saying, of course, that we hope all the race days run to schedule without the need to put this plan into practice.'

A spokesman for the Manx Motorcycle Club said: 'We have made these changes this year in order to do everything we can to accommodate the travelling public.'

Unpredictable weather delayed racing at last year's event causing roads to remain closed through the rush hour period. This, coupled with a number of minor accidents around the capital, at times caused long tailbacks.

and your take on this is? It would have been quicker to hyperlink the text.

I don't have a take other than I felt it worthy of posting considering the upheaval of last year, and the complaints regarding contingency plans not being in place. Well now there are :)

As for linking, then why bother when you can copy and paste for all to see here and now ;)

For the 150 unwashed impoverished stinky trogladites who turn up here for MGP and spend their cash on crisps and flasks of tea who really gives a toss? We shut the whole Island down so a few tearooms and sandwich shops benefit from the cash injection of a few seventy year old wizards from Doncaster. Whoop do f**king do. I'm going on holiday and coming back when those 150 people have booked their return fares and f**ked off.

For the 150 unwashed impoverished stinky trogladites who turn up here for MGP and spend their cash on crisps and flasks of tea who really gives a toss? We shut the whole Island down so a few tearooms and sandwich shops benefit from the cash injection of a few seventy year old wizards from Doncaster. Whoop do f**king do. I'm going on holiday and coming back when those 150 people have booked their return fares and f**ked off.

Not a fan then.....

What a sad little man ;)

Oh, and not very much in keeping with this promotion of the island then http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/cso/2009keyfacts.pdf

Imagine the impression visitors will get when they meet up with the likes of you :lol:

Isn’t this pretty much the plan that worked so well last year?

Having the roads open between 5 and 6 is all well and good but seen as last MGP I was sat on the bus still in Douglas on the x5 at 6.45 it doesn’t really help.

Maybe the government could help by having staff leave at 4.30 instead of 5.30 with everyone else. I'm sure the staff would love it and its not like they do much after 4 any way.

Wherever it is you're going, I hope that the local tearooms and sandwich shops haven't decided to f**k off on their holidays.

Archived