[BBC News] Inmates 'adjust well' to new jail

Newsbot

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prisoners and staff have "adjusted well" to the new Jurby jail since it opened one year ago, the Home Affairs minister says.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8201248.stm

No chance. If they've got 138 cells the tendency will be to fill them.

I can't believe so many people are dangerous to society and need to be locked away at great expense to us all.

If they really want to prevent recidivism they need to halve the number of places in the prison and do much more work in the community to address offending behaviour.

Prisoners and staff have "adjusted well" to the new Jurby jail since it opened one year ago, the Home Affairs minister says.

That's such a relief to hear. I couldn't bear it if the poor prisoners didn't like it in there.

I'm sure that the staff will be rather pleased with the generous travel allowance that they now enjoy.

I care, I am glad they are comfortable, especially the 75% that TheBees referred to.

You care about parasitic drug dealers, :angry: do you not also care about the people who's lives are destroyed by them, I bet if you had children you might think a bit more about this.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying toss whether the prisoner scum have or have not adjusted to their new environment.

Bear this in mind: Not everyone incarcerated in the jail have been found guilty in a court of law, there are those who have been arrested and are put on remand, remember "innocent until proven guilty in a cort of law", you may well be wrongly arrested and put on remand in jail, wouldn't you like to be somewhere cormfortable until your release rather than some victorian hellhole?

I care, I am glad they are comfortable, especially the 75% that TheBees referred to.

You care about parasitic drug dealers, :angry: do you not also care about the people who's lives are destroyed by them, I bet if you had children you might think a bit more about this.

Cue Slim....

Just as parasitic as many other forms of buying and selling. Dependence is something that is not restricted to drugs.

I care about the lives destroyed by them, but responsibility does not sit wholly or mainly with the dealers. They are sought by those who want these drugs. And there are reasons why people want them. I don't think being a dealer makes someone a bad person at all.

Just as parasitic as many other forms of buying and selling. Dependence is something that is not restricted to drugs.

I care about the lives destroyed by them, but responsibility does not sit wholly or mainly with the dealers. They are sought by those who want these drugs. And there are reasons why people want them. I don't think being a dealer makes someone a bad person at all.

Sorry LDV but I was brought up in Liverpool and I have known many dealers and I have yet to meet one I would take home to meet mother, if you honestly think dealers are ok people I truly fear for you. :(

Sorry LDV but I was brought up in Liverpool and I have known many dealers and I have yet to meet one I would take home to meet mother, if you honestly think dealers are ok people I truly fear for you. :(

I am just saying that the fact that they are dealers doesn't necessarily make them bad. And I knew quite a few who were lovely people.

I am just saying that the fact that they are dealers doesn't necessarily make them bad. And I knew quite a few who were lovely people.

You really are a teddy-hugging twelve year old, aren't you?

Don't believe all the spin that you hear!

I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that the two adult wings were nearly full on countless occasions? They even had to use cells for the disabled? (Not too sure what that meant and think that's places that should only be used for disabled people. Hubby gone tight lipped again) (sulker.. lol)

1/ So is the place big enough or not?

2/ Are prisoners getting help with their 'Offending Behaviour' habits or not? Name when then?

3/ Is the minister talking a load of bull?

Over to you to decide :huh:

Archived