Gov`t Spending Ridiculous

SausageFeeder

The disgraceful IOM government have refitted houses in Pulrose (that they knew were scheduled for demolition) with new central heating systems and bathrooms, I heard today. These properties are now being knocked down or will be in the near future. In many cases the heating systems and bathrooms have hardly been used. Can anyone confirm that this is the case - if so I think it is the most ludicrous waste of our money I have ever heard of. If there was ever a case for the public standing up and demanding lower taxes/rates - this is it. The wasteful nature of these actions is beyond belief, when many of us having to pay full rates/taxes and claiming not a penny back cannot afford to refit or renovate our own properties in the current economic climate. I am thoroughly disgusted!

The disgraceful IOM government have refitted houses in Pulrose (that they knew were scheduled for demolition) with new central heating systems and bathrooms, I heard today. These properties are now being knocked down or will be in the near future. In many cases the heating systems and bathrooms have hardly been used. Can anyone confirm that this is the case - if so I think it is the most ludicrous waste of our money I have ever heard of. If there was ever a case for the public standing up and demanding lower taxes/rates - this is it. The wasteful nature of these actions is beyond belief, when many of us having to pay full rates/taxes and claiming not a penny back cannot afford to refit or renovate our own properties in the current economic climate. I am thoroughly disgusted!

what a 4king joke that they are! i'm getting a new system fitted . costing £1500!! it's a bit like the blind leading the 4king blind. i'm thinking fuk it . & get a house of them!!! £48 a week. get my self on the sick! & drink all day long. & earn the nickname frank

They are renovating some houses in upper Pulrose whilst demolishing the worst ones aren't they.

Considering some of these properties are asbestos riddled crapholes that were built to last approx 20 years initially it isn't really the worst way to spend money.

Not really the point. You wouldnt buy a new car just to drive it in to the scrapyard for crushing a day later would you?

what a 4king joke that they are! i'm getting a new system fitted . costing £1500!! it's a bit like the blind leading the 4king blind. i'm thinking fuk it . & get a house of them!!! £48 a week. get my self on the sick! & drink all day long. & earn the nickname frank

I thank you Mr Gallagher

They are renovating some houses in upper Pulrose whilst demolishing the worst ones aren't they.

Considering some of these properties are asbestos riddled crapholes that were built to last approx 20 years initially it isn't really the worst way to spend money.

Not really the point. You wouldnt buy a new car just to drive it in to the scrapyard for crushing a day later would you?

but the thing is, if the old systerms is fubard, thay have 2 options

1 replace the systerm

2. board the house up and move ppl to a diffrent house,

now im sure there is a limit of the number of houses about for these ppl to move into,

say 40 houses need doing, where do u plan on putting these ppl,

you could say thay might have 20 spare houses free so thats 20 short.

because thay cant just kick them out thay will have to find them somewhere to stay.

so that means the goverment will have to pay rents for 20 ppl,

so thay go out and rent 20 houses. we all know u dont get much change out of say £800 a month for a normal sized house

thay will get back there £34 rent that thay normaly charge and have to stand the rest,

so in fact u will see that thay are saveing you cash by replaceing the systerms in these houses, even if its only for 8 months or whet ever it is, its still cheaper then moveing them to diffrent houses

sometimes some ppl really need to look outside the box thay live in, use your brains for once :rolleyes:

i'm with the hog, considering how often govt policy gets changed and ammended this type of thing is bound to crop up from time to time. it also wouldn't have been fair to upgrade only half the houses with PVC double glazing and central heating and tell the other residents tough titty we are knocking your house down in three years and then you can move to somewhere with the upgrades. you would have some young families in good houses and some in coal fired houses, all one would assume paying the same rent etc.

also when you consider what the govt DO piss money away on 150k on decent heating for an entire estate is peanuts and worth it for those families. also remember too that the actual upgrade was probably 5 - 10 years later than the rest of the civilised worlds council housing upgrades aswell.

u need to wind your neck in b4 it pops off :cool:

also can i ask what car u drive, how many hols a year do u have. do u have sky do u smoke/drink

1 replace the systerm

now im sure there is a limit of the number of houses about for these ppl to move into,

because thay cant just kick them out thay will have to find them somewhere to stay.

so thay go out and rent 20 houses. we all know u dont get much change out of say £800 a month for a normal sized house

thay will get back there £34 rent that thay normaly charge and have to stand the rest,

so in fact u will see that thay are saveing you cash by replaceing the systerms in these houses, even if its only for 8 months or whet ever it is, its still cheaper then moveing them to diffrent houses

sometimes some ppl really need to look outside the box thay live in, use your brains for once :rolleyes:

Use your brain and learn to speak english. They have to stand £766 per house assuming 1 person per house which is ridiculous??? I dont believe the gov`t cannot ge a block deal on 20 properties for much less, if indeed they do not own 40 empty properties outright. Does this not just reiterate my point?? See above - you dont get much change out of £1500 for a central heating system, let alone a bathrom. Even more if the contractor knows the gov`t is paying. 20 x £1500 heating system x £1500 bathroom = £60,000. £34 x 20 x 8 months =£5440 return. Most people renting pay that in 6 months with income tax on top. Think about it before making daft statements!

u need to wind your neck in b4 it pops off :cool:

also can i ask what car u drive, how many hols a year do u have. do u have sky do u smoke/drink

My car is worth £500 tops. I have not been on holiday in 2 years (even then it was in UK) Ihave freeview and do not smoke - are you tee-total? I work a 60 hour week to support a family of 4. Sod off scrounger.

1 replace the systerm

Use your brain and learn to speak english. They have to stand £766 per house assuming 1 person per house which is ridiculous??? I dont believe the gov`t cannot ge a block deal on 20 properties for much less, if indeed they do not own 40 empty properties outright. Does this not just reiterate my point?? See above - you dont get much change out of £1500 for a central heating system, let alone a bathrom. Even more if the contractor knows the gov`t is paying. 20 x £1500 heating system x £1500 bathroom = £60,000. £34 x 20 x 8 months =£5440 return. Most people renting pay that in 6 months with income tax on top. Think about it before making daft statements!

Apologies mathematical error £34 x 4 weeks x 20 x 8 = £21,760. Still doesn`t add up does it?

My car is worth £500 tops. I have not been on holiday in 2 years (even then it was in UK) Ihave freeview and do not smoke - are you tee-total? I work a 60 hour week to support a family of 4. Sod off scrounger.

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

Archived