Creamery Fresh Milk ?

fergie

What is creamery fresh milk all about ?

I purchased a pint of Isle of Man Creamery milk on Thursday14/08 that shows a use by date of 21/8 (7 days )

how can this be described as "fresh" ?????

When was this actually collected "fresh" from the cow ?

Does not sound fresh to me

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well if you bought it seven days before the use by date I would say that is pretty fresh

Think you missed the point I was making

fresh means new & although it should be ok by next week

it will by no means be "fresh", so why waste money advertising "creamery fresh"

when it is a meaningless statement.

I purchased a pint of Isle of Man Creamery milk on Thursday14/08 that shows a use by date of 21/8 (7 days )

'Creamery fresh' is fresh from the creamery, it doesn't say fresh from the cow, anyway something can be fresh when it hasn't gone off. You buy fresh or frozen vegetables, the fresh ones haven't been picked that day. Have a look at the definition of 'fresh' in a dictionary.

dont drink it then

But all milk comes 'fresh' from the creamery. What's unfresh milk, i.e. when bought from a shop? Would that be U.H.T.? I think you should just stop drinking milk altogether, Alpro is so much better and made from fresh soya beans

Powdered milk?

Soya milk is udderly disgusting.

I'm so very sorry.

Oh yeah, powdered milk - yuk.

Really? I think it tastes much better in tea or on cereal.

As a substitute for real milk it's terrible as it tastes nothing like it. I imagine only lactose intolerants and vegans drink it because nobody could possibly prefer the bland, odd taste of it over real milk.

As a substitute for real milk it's terrible as it tastes nothing like it. I imagine only lactose intolerants and vegans drink it because nobody could possibly prefer the bland, odd taste of it over real milk.

Well yeah, it is sweeter and smoother than milk, it doesn't taste bland though. I am neither. I drink it for health reasons (but not diagnosed as lactose intolerant) and now think the idea of drinking milk as rather weird considering what it is. I do like the Jersey breakfast milk though.

Soya milk is udderly disgusting.

"Tofu Shop Fresh" soya milk in Japan was really good - straight from the bean!!! It worried me though that the 'fresh' cows' milk there tasted fresh after 2 weeks in the refrigerator - never worked out what wonder chemical it was. Maybe it is the secret of my eternal youth....and why I glow in the dark.

Freshly packaged might be a better description.

It's pne of those advertising words that don't really mean much eg new 'improved'

Archived