Commentary To Relieve Boredom Of Horse Tram Trips

slinkydevil

Perhaps any commentary might include some artistic licence.

'And on your left is the gap where Muad'Dib, using the Family atomics at the height of a great coriolis storm, blew a hole in the Shield Wall that had protected Arrakeen since the dawn of time. This cleared the way into the city for the Fremen riding sandworms to defeat House Harkonnen and House Corrino forces, thus giving Paul Atreides victory and ascent to the Golden Lion Throne.'

I'm not really up on my Manx history, where is Arrakeen?

I think it's near Regaby.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An English man, Irish man and a Scots man walk into a bar.....................

So why the stink of piss?

It could be an alternative alternative alternative venue.

Or just the Venue??

That's the best example of borough council mentality busy work I've seen in ages.

The thing is it's self perpetuating: they impose naff recorded commentaries on the horse trams and then have to schedule an emergency committee meeting on why people now look bored and annoyed. A few more numbskull solutions to problems which never existed later, and they're looking into how to entice more people onto the horse trams after everyone, including the horses, refuses to go anywhere near them. And so on.

Hand any town council a Rubick's cube, and they'd spend nine months discussing how to approach the problem, conclude that the best solution to the eponymous three-dimensional riddle is to paint every surface the same colour, and then triumphantly announce that they plan to launch the same strategy Island wide in an effort to combat conundrum induced fatigue (CIF) amongst children. Then, just for good measure, they'd commission a seven page pamphlet advising parents that such toys have corners and that children should only play with them whilst under constant parental supervision and wearing saftey goggles and thick mittens, the latter of which having been soaked in an antibacterial solution. All at great expense of time and money and to the benefit of no one except grumpy old bastards like me who like to moan about these things. God bless them.

I managed to complete one in a few days , although i did use the book that helps.

That's the best example of borough council mentality busy work I've seen in ages.

The thing is it's self perpetuating: they impose naff recorded commentaries on the horse trams and then have to schedule an emergency committee meeting on why people now look bored and annoyed. A few more numbskull solutions to problems which never existed later, and they're looking into how to entice more people onto the horse trams after everyone, including the horses, refuses to go anywhere near them. And so on.

Hand any town council a Rubick's cube, and they'd spend nine months discussing how to approach the problem, conclude that the best solution to the eponymous three-dimensional riddle is to paint every surface the same colour, and then triumphantly announce that they plan to launch the same strategy Island wide in an effort to combat conundrum induced fatigue (CIF) amongst children. Then, just for good measure, they'd commission a seven page pamphlet advising parents that such toys have corners and that children should only play with them whilst under constant parental supervision and wearing saftey goggles and thick mittens, the latter of which having been soaked in an antibacterial solution. All at great expense of time and money and to the benefit of no one except grumpy old bastards like me who like to moan about these things. God bless them.

Well put, I am sick to death of being fleeced by way of rates to keep this bunch of clowns in business.

Get all these local councils commisioners etc abolished and run their activities from central government

Would this mean its run any better?? or would it mean that you have a Department Manager making decisions that could effect your business for decades to come.

If you dont like it, why don't you stand at the next election. Rates are something that we all have to pay, its not like you never knew about them.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Commentary-...m-of.5552613.jp

Really do these committee's sit round and just have to have ideas for ideas sake.

"She said that while she thought a lot of people had travelled on the horse trams this year, there was nothing for them to do, especially as the driver and the conductor were at the far end of the tram.

'They look so bored – if they had something going on it would keep them interested,' she said.

Committee chairman Stephen Pitts said he thought a running commentary was a 'good idea' and hoped it would be popular with residents and visitors."

Nothing for them to do? It's a horse tram FFS just enjoy the journey, and just what sort running commentary will there be? Looking to your right is another Apartment block, to your left is the pumping station to the sewerage works connected to the IRIS scheme, oh look more apartments, oh and here we used to have this but it got closed down, and then there was this but that was closed down too.

Ladies and gentlemen - there`s a guest house, a guest house, a guest house, a guest house, a guest house, a guest house, the hilton, a guest house, a guest house, a chav vomiting in the gutter, a guest huse, a guest house..............................

Normally I would say that horse tram commentaries are an exercise in futiliy, but then the MV Karina offers excursions to Port Soderick. Last time I went there, it was closed.

Really do these committee's sit round and just have to have ideas for ideas sake.

"She said that while she thought a lot of people had travelled on the horse trams this year, there was nothing for them to do, especially as the driver and the conductor were at the far end of the tram.

'They look so bored – if they had something going on it would keep them interested,' she said.

Committee chairman Stephen Pitts said he thought a running commentary was a 'good idea' and hoped it would be popular with residents and visitors."

Nothing for them to do? It's a horse tram FFS just enjoy the journey, and just what sort running commentary will there be? Looking to your right is another Apartment block, to your left is the pumping station to the sewerage works connected to the IRIS scheme, oh look more apartments, oh and here we used to have this but it got closed down, and then there was this but that was closed down too.

Ladies and gentlemen - there`s a guest house, a guest house, a guest house, a guest house, a guest house, a guest house, the hilton, a guest house, a guest house, a chav vomiting in the gutter, a guest huse, a guest house..............................

Normally I would say that horse tram commentaries are an exercise in futiliy, but then the MV Karina offers excursions to Port Soderick. Last time I went there, it was closed.

Normally I would say that horse tram commentaries are an exercise in futility, but then the MV Karina offers excursions to Port Soderick. Last time I went there, it was closed.

I think what Cllr. Quirk is getting at is introducing something like one of these.

Image016.jpg

But what she really wants is a cheaper alternative-the horse trams.

"Ladies & gentlemen if you look to both your left and right, you'll notice we have no beggars, chuggers or Big Issue sellers anywhere in Douglas."

Just before we begin our exciting trip - a message from the Council:

"Would all passengers please check under their seats for the Mayor's wife's missing chain"....

BTW is a 'running commentary' a bloke jogging alongside the tram with a megaphone?

Archived