KSF Megathread 2

nipper

Thing I still haven't grasped...is WHERE is the half a billion quid transferred from KSFIOM to KB (UK) and snatched by the FSA before it could go to Iceland to pay Kerry Catatonic?

That £500m hasn't just vanished surely? Someone must have it. Why wasn't it returned to the liquidator of KSFIOM to pay the depositors?

Will Manx radio be reporting on the Tynwald SC meeting tomorrow ?

They were there in the committee room.

As was one of the DAG team.

I could only stay for about 2.5 hours then had to leave.

Quite a good account by the directors I thought

After reading this account by the Manx Herald I am astounded at the lies and deceit that have gone on in this bussiness and the fact that everyone evades responsibility.

I was also gobsmacked to learn that the directors of the bank including the MD Aiden Doherty dont appear to have any banking qualifications.

http://www.manxherald.com/index.php/business/600.html

Astonishingly Mr Gelling is still paid a directors salary from the bank even though on his own admission he does nothing.

Mr Davies luckily managed to get his money out on the 6th .

Unlike many other depositors - including myself who were told their tranfers had been actioned but in fact were not.

Who are you accusing of lies and deceit.

Well if no banking qualifications are good enough for HBOS then why should KSF be any different.

There have been some meetings of directors of the parent board in fact, wasn't this mentioned in the Manx Herald?

I wonder what happened with transfers on the 6th - Why don't you use some of your contact/friends in DST or the Isle of Man to arrange for follow up points to this to be raised - Have you seen the discussions about this on the "new DAG" website? Rather than making comments on here, how are you getting these points raised?

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are any directors being paid? Their office ended when the liquidator was appointed. I could only imagine that the executive directors may be providing a service to the liquidator by assisting him, so is it really true that Donald Gelling is still being paid?

Aiden Doherty the former MD of the bank is helping the liquidator and therefore is paid for his services by the bank .

I cant imagine what the other directors do.

Well if no banking qualifications are good enough for HBOS then why should KSF be any different.

to misquote somebody

'When I get on a plane I assume the pilot knows how to fly it I dont feel I must personally check out his licence.'

I mistakenly thought that this was the same in banks especially as the banks had been licenced by the FSC - again a mistake.

How them will anyone feel safe in putting their money into any bank if the banking licence doent really ensure that this is reputable establishment run by suitably qualified experts?

Why don't you use some of your contact/friends in DST or the Isle of Man to arrange for follow up points to this to be raised - Have you seen the discussions about this on the "new DAG" website? Rather than making comments on here, how are you getting these points raised?

There has been plenty of discussion amongst people and all agree how unlikely it is that the directors knew nothing until the 8th Oct?

I like many others rang the bank and spoke to AD in the days preceeding the collapse and were assured that all was well and instructions were being carried out.

The last person I actually spoke to an undermanager who was WEEPING - this rather suggests he knew something was amiss!

and what about Mr Davies?

This was a comment from a discussion on www.ksfiomdepositors.org - its an open forum

'.........Mr Davies also decided to withdraw his deposits and unlike so many others, mananged to withdraw his funds on 6th October as did one of Mr Doherty's relatives. Funny coincidence or what?

Are directors of KSFIOM really that out of the loop of world financial information?'

I am making comments on here because it is something that happened in the IOM therefore is local news - especially with the ongoing Tynwald Select commitee meetings where many of these points have been raised.

There are people in the IOM who have been affected by this disaster too.

Archived