KSF Megathread 2

nipper

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=42274

So the liquidatrors of KSF in th IOM have had their claim on the parental gurantee to the liquidators of kaupthing in Iceland rejected as it was never meant to be binding, and I understand they also allege it was executed by a person without power to bind Kaupthing

I wonder who advised the IOM Bank as to the validity of the parental guarantee. I wonder if the liquidators have notified a claim just in case they lose i Iceland

Finally what news about the London KSF liquidation and the money KSFIOM is due back.

• 2 weeks later...

So the liquidatrors of KSF in th IOM have had their claim on the parental gurantee to the liquidators of kaupthing in Iceland rejected as it was never meant to be binding, and I understand they also allege it was executed by a person without power to bind Kaupthing

I wonder who advised the IOM Bank as to the validity of the parental guarantee. I wonder if the liquidators have notified a claim just in case they lose i Iceland

Finally what news about the London KSF liquidation and the money KSFIOM is due back.

There must be a case here as the bank used the PG to induce people to save with them .

Especially people who were cautious savers and those who came to the bank via the Derbyshire Building Society and were assured that their money was safe.

AS to the question who advised KSFIOM on the validity of the PG surely that is a question best answered by Mr Aiden Doherty the MD and /or the other Directors like Mr Cashen who also worked at the FSC and must know something about what happened.

KSFUK has decided - i believe- to sell its loan book so hopefully it sells it well and some money should come back to the IOM .

However what the IOM authorities is doing to request/demand this ,if anything ,I dont know.

Meanwhile the Dutch and British have blocked the IMF loan to Iceland because it wont promise to pay of Iceland savers.

Not a word about KSFIOM.as far as I know.

BTW why do you have two sheep turds as your avatar are there two of you? :rolleyes:

If you think that is 2 sheep turds then you should have gone to specsavers, maybe then you may have seen a better bank to put your cash in. ;)

If it turns out that the Parental Guarantee is worthless would you say then that the Regulatory bodies in IOM are responsible and they must be held accountable?

If it turns out that the Parental Guarantee is worthless would you say then that the Regulatory bodies in IOM are responsible and they must be held accountable?

The value of investments can go down as well as up (a well known fact.)

It never ceases to amaze me the way that people who have money think they have a divine right to have even more and when they lose money (often because they were greedily chasing the extra 1/10th % in some odd place) they bleat for compensation.

Aspden never placed much reliance on the parental guarantee. If you look at his answers to the various interrogations (way before anyone knew it was invalid)

Aspden never placed much reliance on the parental guarantee. If you look at his answers to the various interrogations (way before anyone knew it was invalid)

Might have been nice for him to tell the depositors then. Before the bank went down. Especially since the FSC was so close to the board.

I still cannot understand why he allowed the Derbyshire takeover to go ahead.

The value of investments can go down as well as up (a well known fact.)

It never ceases to amaze me the way that people who have money think they have a divine right to have even more and when they lose money (often because they were greedily chasing the extra 1/10th % in some odd place) they bleat for compensation.

It never ceases to amaze me that people think of DEPOSITING money in a bank as an INVESTMENT.

Investments do go up and down but banks are generally considered places where you put money in and at some other date can take the same out .

Safe and secure places to leave money.

Please name ANY BANK that says WARNING the amount you put in may not be the amount you take out.

Moreover the DEPOSITORS are not asking for compensation they are asking for their own hard earned money back.

Why did he grant them a banking licence then?

Just seen this .

20 years on creditors from IOM bank settled this does not make comforting reading.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Two-decades...k39s.6061089.jp

I take it you noted the final line bellyache

"Again there has been no evidence of Again there has been no evidence of wrong-doing by the management of the Island subsidiary."

you gambled, you lost, reported "no evidence of wrong-doing by the management of the Island subsidiary", now stop moaning and get over it, it's not our problem, official.

Archived