Here We Go

bluemonday

Tell you what Douglas Councillors.

Buy a 4 man tent from Tesco.

Limit ticket numbers to four.

Put tent in middle of Nobles.

Put 4 antendees in tent.

Throw in transistor radio turned down low.

Wrap tent in sound proof cladding.

Surround with hordes of enforcement 'officers'

Make the 4 festival goers go home by 6pm everyday.

That should stop any chance of any remotely non Motorcycle related activities being enjoyed by anyone.

For f*cks sake can't any of you think one inch beyond your tiny minded parochial unimaginative limits?

I am all for the event actually, so please do not tar me with a group brush, just because the press use only the snippets from the Council meeting they want.

Having been to the event in Peel, I felt it was well run and the noise level outside the tent was not so bad, Although I feel their should be consultation with the residents, as there will be impact however well you try and smooth it over.

What time does it finish on a night?

The organiser has been invited to a Council meeting, so thats when al the details will come out i presume. But the Peel event was about 11 as far as I can remember.. Madness on Mad Sunday was wicked fun !!!

I don't think I've ever seen a quote reported from you John.

I never say anything interesting...lol I am also not the most confident public speaker.

The press are at the Council Meetings, but unless you talk about something that is "news worthy" or make a sweeping statement etc, then I suppose they do not pick up on it.

There is a lot missed that would make interesting reading, but a hell of a lot more that would bore you senseless.

The press rarely used to go to Council Meetings, as the glorious leader used to just feed them his words.

Hey careful John, it seems to me that the young Onchan lad, Ashford has been taken under David's wing as the blue-eyed boy. He's rubbing shoulders up there in the freemasons too these days and is on lots of Council committees.

The press rarely used to go to Council Meetings, as the glorious leader used to just feed them his words.

Hey careful John, it seems to me that the young Onchan lad, Ashford has been taken under David's wing as the blue-eyed boy. He's rubbing shoulders up there in the freemasons too these days and is on lots of Council committees.

Rolls down trouser leg ohh ****

:ph34r:

I think Nobles would make a cracking spot for a great event, as long as its organised the local residents are happy etc etc I do have confidence that the organisers will get it sorted.

I don't think I've ever seen a quote reported from you John.

You could always check out the Douglas Borough Council minutes online, each one is a thrilling journey through the topic of local government and public spirit

Favourite snippets of the the Policy and Resources Committee:

deciding that car park inspector's uniforms remain unchanged;

discussing the production of a DVD of the Bee Gee's Freedom of the Borough ceremony;

expressed concern that the number of their meetings be limited to 120, as they currently find themselves attending meetings for no remuneration at the end of the municipal year;

lamenting that the council crest is too detailed to fit on small reflective tags being distributed to school children; and

complaining there aren't enough car parking spaces around meeting chambers they've had assigned to them whilst the old one is being rewired.

Granted, I've filtered out all the important stuff to leave the Stoneybridge town council style material ;) As an aside, it's a bit grim seeing how many contracts are issued mainly on the criteria of who offers the lowest tender (at least that's the impression the minutes give).

Archived