Horse Tram Commentaries

Terse

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The prom was due to be re-survaced so I agree a good time to look into the logistics of the tram system.

I agree though a single tram track sounds the best.

It's wildly off-topic, but since it's come up, I can't help saying I was amazed that when the prom was dug up for Iris we didn't take the opportunity to re-lay the tram tracks near the sea and out of all the traffic.

But it would only speed up traffic flow, reduce congestion, make life easier and save money, so I suppose not....

The prom was due to be re-survaced so I agree a good time to look into the logistics of the tram system.

It's wildly off-topic, but since it's come up, I can't help saying I was amazed that when the prom was dug up for Iris we didn't take the opportunity to re-lay the tram tracks near the sea and out of all the traffic.

But it would only speed up traffic flow, reduce congestion, make life easier and save money, so I suppose not....

Quite right.

That requires joined up thinking.

An abomination in the Isle of Man.

Thankfully as it was before my time.. I can totally agree with you..

I had a funny feeling though that the Prom Refurb has been put on hold....... Need to check it out again.

I enjoy the horse trams etc, but they need to be looked at/sorted ASAP

Quite right.

That requires joined up thinking.

An abomination in the Isle of Man.

Thankfully as it was before my time.. I can totally agree with you..

I had a funny feeling though that the Prom Refurb has been put on hold....... Need to check it out again.

I enjoy the horse trams etc, but they need to be looked at/sorted ASAP

Just for the record, i was on the tram a while ago and driver was more than happy to talk to me. What i like about the trams is that they dont do bullshit - if you are interested then the lads on the trams will chat away. but if you go on and moan about the price etc, the lads cant be bothered. Also its very difficult for the driver to talk through the glass when driving,

Archived