What about

Brenda Cannell MHK

David Cannan MHK

David Cretney MHK

Claire Christian MLC

and

Lord Bishop

Attorney General

I must confess I made a mistake in the tables about, and missed the Bishop from my calculations, I've edited the posts above to him.

The AG wasn't included in the survey, I thought he was just an adviser to Tynwald?

I'll upload a spreadsheet with each individuals' score later.

Of the 34 people included in the survey the average score was

Approved = 27.24%

Disapproved = 39.68%

No Opinion = 33.08%

Rating= -12.45%

People also rated their MHK(s), the Council of Ministers, the House of Keys, The Legislative Council, and Tynwald

Their figures are -

What %pro %anti %dunno Rating

My MHK 32.00% 51.00% 17.00% -19.00%

Comin 19.00% 64.00% 17.00% -45.00%

Keys 19.19% 65.66% 15.15% -46.46%

Legco 19.19% 58.59% 22.22% -39.39%

Tynwald 18.00% 68.00% 14.00% -50.00%

I hope this is drawn to the attention of Tony et al, despite being a small dip sample I have no doubt its findings would be very close to how the whole place feels about those in control !

Maybe even the most arrogant of them would see the time had come to address some of the public concerns !!

I have thought about e-mailing it to them but that seems a bit presumptuous. What do people think?

I'm not sure I'd claim it wad representative of the Island's opinion though just the forums.

Send it.

It doesn't need to be representative of the Island'd opinion, I don't think anyone would make such a claim, but in the absence of any other form of approval rating / MORI poll etc.......

Send it, Declan, however you will need to include a carefully worded explanatory letter, In the style of the John and Jane books...Don't use any big words. Write 'This way up'. on the spreadsheet. :)

I'm surprised that Manx Radio hasn't picked this up. Who's the latest 'Political Correspondent' ?

I have thought about e-mailing it to them but that seems a bit presumptuous. What do people think?

I'm not sure I'd claim it wad representative of the Island's opinion though just the forums.

It was a very interesting survey, and it would be great to see it expanded. I'd email it to them and IOM newspapers.

Archived