Vlm To Scrap Iom/london City Route

fubar

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Air-route-t...pped.5567693.jp

Can't wait to see how Ann Reynolds is going to put a positive spin on this <_<

-NOT A DOT PRESS RELEASE-

AIRLINES TO NO LONGER USE RONALDSWAY

All airlines carrying passengers flying between the Isle of Man and all other destinations, have announced that they will not be continuing services to the Isle of Man. As the economic downturn continues to bite, especially in the finance sector, it has decided not to reinstate the route.

The Steam Packet will continue to provide its daily service to Liverpool & Heysham and of course Ministers will still be able to walk across the water. Arrangements are in place for passengers booked with air services to be transferred to Steam Packet Sailings.

Airlines have been running to the Isle of Man since the turn of the twentieth century, have been profitable and brought economic prosperity to the Island. However Celthick League spokesman, Bernhart Muffin stated “We don’t want these people on our pure Manx Isle bringing in their mystical flying machines and their foreign ways. We’re perfectly capable of messing this world up on our own.”

Ann Reynolds, Airport Director, said: ‘The decision of all airlines to pull out from the Isle of Man is something that we are greeting with cautious optimism. Whilst it will mean a severing of major links to the Isle of Man, it will mean a reduction in the runway maintenance budget, and the potential for saving some other costs elsewhere around the airport.”

Union leader Angelica Muffin however warned “Just because there are no planes or passengers does not mean that there is no need for fully qualified staff on call 24 hours a day. I would expect full consultation with myself either directly or via Isle of Man Newspapers before any changes are made.”

Minister for Transport David Anderson MHK added: ‘Whilst I am disappointed to learn of withdrawal of all flights, I don’t think we will be pursuing Mr Karran’s Tynwald motion for a National Zeppelin Corporation to plug the gap.’

ENDS

For further information:

Ann Reynolds, Airport Director Tel: 821601

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Air-route-t...pped.5567693.jp

Can't wait to see how Ann Reynolds is going to put a positive spin on this <_<

-NOT A DOT PRESS RELEASE-

AIRLINES TO NO LONGER USE RONALDSWAY

All airlines carrying passengers flying between the Isle of Man and all other destinations, have announced that they will not be continuing services to the Isle of Man. As the economic downturn continues to bite, especially in the finance sector, it has decided not to reinstate the route.

The Steam Packet will continue to provide its daily service to Liverpool & Heysham and of course Ministers will still be able to walk across the water. Arrangements are in place for passengers booked with air services to be transferred to Steam Packet Sailings.

Airlines have been running to the Isle of Man since the turn of the twentieth century, have been profitable and brought economic prosperity to the Island. However Celthick League spokesman, Bernhart Muffin stated “We don’t want these people on our pure Manx Isle bringing in their mystical flying machines and their foreign ways. We’re perfectly capable of messing this world up on our own.”

Ann Reynolds, Airport Director, said: ‘The decision of all airlines to pull out from the Isle of Man is something that we are greeting with cautious optimism. Whilst it will mean a severing of major links to the Isle of Man, it will mean a reduction in the runway maintenance budget, and the potential for saving some other costs elsewhere around the airport.”

Union leader Angelica Muffin however warned “Just because there are no planes or passengers does not mean that there is no need for fully qualified staff on call 24 hours a day. I would expect full consultation with myself either directly or via Isle of Man Newspapers before any changes are made.”

Minister for Transport David Anderson MHK added: ‘Whilst I am disappointed to learn of withdrawal of all flights, I don’t think we will be pursuing Mr Karran’s Tynwald motion for a National Zeppelin Corporation to plug the gap.’

ENDS

For further information:

Ann Reynolds, Airport Director Tel: 821601

:lol: True Dat!

Wonderful. As her assistant, assistant spin doctor speech writer may I suggest to her principal Propaganda Director the following minor amendments?

Ann Reynolds, Airport Director, said: ‘The decision of all airlines to pull out from the Isle of Man is something that we are greeting with cautious optimism. The actual reduction in flights is slightly better than originally predicted. We had expected the decrease to be a percent or so higher than the outturn, so I’d like to believe that there is evidence that the worst of the decline is over. Whilst it will mean a severing of major links to the Isle of Man, it will mean a reduction in reallocation of the runway maintenance budget to other meaningful airport projects that I am proud to say will maintain IOM Airport at the top of airport spending in the British Isles , and the potential for saving some other costs elsewhere around the airport . It is also reassuring to note with confidence that today's news will enhance further our excellent passenger safety record.”

Archived