[BBC News] Marshals are sought for Manx GP

Newsbot

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've signed up for it again, and will be at a really great spot this year.

I enjoy the racing, and though I'm not mad on bikes - I am a great supporter of our heritage, and of what people want to do in life. So I'm just doing my bit towards supporting that.

A few more people should do the same IMO i.e. put something into island life instead of forever just taking stuff out.

I am a great supporter of our heritage, and of what people want to do in life. So I'm just doing my bit towards supporting that.

A few more people should do the same IMO i.e. put something into island life instead of forever just taking stuff out.

Agreed and therefore I think I will try and take my car on the course whilst the racing is on and would encourage others to do likewise as I do not see whilst I or people should be stopped doing that if that is what we want to do. In addition original TT races were not on closed roads so it would be also reinforcing the heritage of the event. In fact I think the races were originally for cars so it would be even more appropriate.

Marshall because you wish to and enjoy it rather than using it to have a pop at others.

I am a great supporter of our heritage, and of what people want to do in life. So I'm just doing my bit towards supporting that.

Agreed and therefore I think I will try and take my car on the course whilst the racing is on and would encourage others to do likewise as I do not see whilst I or people should be stopped doing that if that is what we want to do. In addition original TT races were not on closed roads so it would be also reinforcing the heritage of the event. In fact I think the races were originally for cars so it would be even more appropriate.

Marshall because you wish to and enjoy it rather than using it to have a pop at others.

Are you and your family Manx

I don't think Albert was having a pop. I just read his post as showing enthusiasm.

I am a member of the Orange Army and do it because I enjoy it and I believe i am giving something back to the Island that gives me a home and a living.

But I accept there are other residents who are not fans. I say live and let live. There are many hobbies etc that other have that I am not crazy about but I don't want to see them banned.

Debs

I am a member of the Orange Army and do it because I enjoy it and I believe i am giving something back to the Island that gives me a home and a living.

You're giving something back to the island that, by your own admission a large part, possibly a majority, of the island doesn't want? That is so selfless.

You're giving something back to the island that, by your own admission a large part, possibly a majority, of the island doesn't want? That is so selfless.

Do you have any proof of that statement, or do stopovers out number the Locals. You could always try and do what a resident on the UPG done last week, delay the races until her palm was filled

The TT is the only Black Elephant amongst the white ones

Archived