[BBC News] Marshals are sought for Manx GP

Newsbot

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you and your family Manx

Define Manx and what you classify as my family. I presume at the same time you will detail the same detail with regard to your family.

Have your family lived on the Island as long as the TT and MGP have been running

How clever.

You've changed the post to make it appear that kb is saying that he himself is a fucking idiot

That's really cunning.

No one will ever notice.

Define Manx and what you classify as my family. I presume at the same time you will detail the same detail with regard to your family.

Have your family lived on the Island as long as the TT and MGP have been running

Again define, family but surprisingly enough neither myself, my wife our kids or parent have been as long as the TT have been running. Again I presume your response will provide the same details in respect of your family.

I have to admit I am not sure what absured connection you are going to make between the two but I if it is going to be about whose has been around longer then I would point out that in the time scale of the Isle of Man itself the time the TT has been around is miniscule compared to the period it did not exist. The same argument would mean the TT and any new evebnt should never be started.

Again define, family but surprisingly enough neither myself, my wife our kids or parent have been as long as the TT have been running. Again I presume your response will provide the same details in respect of your family.

I have to admit I am not sure what absured connection you are going to make between the two but I if it is going to be about whose has been around longer then I would point out that in the time scale of the Isle of Man itself the time the TT has been around is miniscule compared to the period it did not exist. The same argument would mean the TT and any new evebnt should never be started.

Its those that have come to the Island to live over the past years that done want the TT, as for my family, well many generations have been part of Manx life

Its those that have come to the Island to live over the past years that done want the TT, as for my family, well many generations have been part of Manx life

WTF does that mean?

I think he is making a sweeping generalisation and trying to say that it is only people who have moved recently to the IoM that don't want the TT. If that is shown not to be true that he will probably say that those who do not want the TT are not proper Manxman yessir.

In my experience I do not really much difference in peoples views based on wether they are Manx or nt. I know plenty of Manx who are not really in favour of the the TT, some of whom have in the past marshalled or had family who rode in the TT. Equally I know plenty of come overs who are very surportive of the TT and who marshal.

I don't think views are set in stone depending on where you come from as my views have changed over the years from being in favour to being against. What made me change my view was talking to marshals and ex marshalls and also working and having friends on the organising committee as it appeared that the general policy from the top was that nothing was to get in the way or stop racing and that came above everything else. I am not critising the marshalls or the volunteers who were involved in organising the event rather it was a result of constraints and pressure they were under to get the racing etc on and with that as the priority unfortunatly other matters seemed to take a back seat.

We should have a public referendum on whether the TT and MGP should still exist, if the majorityy say NO then let's bin them, if yes then we should keep them. I don't have a clue as to what the majority think about the races as I don't know everyone on the Island or all the visitors either, I have met and know quite a few people who say get rid and quite a few who say let's keep them going, personally, I couldn't care less either way.

I don't want the TT and my family have lived here for many generations.

Also, I don't trust your obtusely worded response on the Manxness of your family, although quite what the pissing contest about how Manx someone has to be to be allowed to comment on events that happen today is a little beyond me.

The island has attracted many new residents over the past twenty years and with it a change in the standards of life on the island, OK you could say its also benefited the island. At one time we used to be proud of the slow pace of life on the island and the safety of our children and property, do we have that luxury now. Have our attitudes changed as to the way we live on the island now. And lets face it the very same people that moved to the island could just as well vacate the island and leave us with nothing.

In my case, what's 'done' the TT for me is your attitude.

Bluemonday

(Manx)

ETA

Manx - generations of deceased opposite the Grandstand.

Others on the war memorial.

Marshall - that's about to change thanks to you.

And one of my companies gives free resources for the TT and MGP - That will now change - again thanks solely to you.

Archived