Aroma

T.I.N.G.

A subtle blend of rain and seagull droppings, with an afternote of decaying seaweed.

An item on BBC this am. A new odour/perfume that purports to smell of 'England'. Apparently new mown grass and meadows.

What would 'Eau de Mannin' smell like?

Peel. :(

If they put the fragrance into a shower gel and sold it in Peel, it would have to be called 'Go and Wash' - odds are though it will still all be on the shelves six months later.

Gorse, with subtones of honeysuckle and meadowsweet, and the indescribable crispness that accompanies the winter storms to set the lot off.

Rog, you love the island (not necessarily the people) so much, it must be heart-wrenching to be away. I find that very sad. Would echo your scents, but just add the smell of nothing - no heavy industry, no smell of anything man-made, just nature.

Gorse, with subtones of honeysuckle and meadowsweet, and the indescribable crispness that accompanies the winter storms to set the lot off.

Rog, you love the island (not necessarily the people) so much, it must be heart-wrenching to be away. I find that very sad.

I do love the Island and yes, there are many times, especially recently, that it is heartbreaking to be exiled, but that exile is now self imposed as I know that island life now more than ever would not suite me.

As for the people, I really liked the most of the Manx people that I knew before the Financial Sector became so important to the Island.

Though not all, that changed so many people so very much, though I do realise that when there is only one crap game in town the options are few. Just a pity that what became essential is based on what it is.

It used to be that meeting a Manx person somewhere in the world was like coming home for a brief moment. Now on the few occasions that I do it's like meeting a ghost.

Archived