Police Given Permission To Steal From Cars

La_Dolce_Vita

And another thing - are the police going to be entering into properties (residential and commercial) not properly secured and start lifting stock, plasma TV's, music centres, personal effects from those places, under the same pretext?

Seems they've got their work cut out. They might need to hire a few warehouses to store the stuff they have appropriated and make sure those are properly secured before their colleagues start nicking stuff from them.

I don't think they've thought this out properly.

I'd hope that people intentionally replace these things with fake SAT Navs or fake valuables in their cars or some other 'trick' to waste police time. Can you imagine though if you left your car for half an hour unlocked, came back and found your stuff had gone and note from the police to say they had removed it. Wouldn't you go ape shit?

And another thing - are the police going to be entering into properties (residential and commercial) not properly secured and start lifting stock, plasma TV's, music centres, personal effects from those places, under the same pretext?

They already are entering properties in some areas. Not taking anything, but waking up the owners and telling them to lock their doors at night!

They already are entering properties in some areas. Not taking anything, but waking up the owners and telling them to lock their doors at night!

No doubt saying to them that....thanks to modern policing methods it is no longer safe to leave your house unlocked at night.

I love this idea. Put a broken laptop in the car along with some buggered electronic stuff bought from the auction, plod pinch it and take it to the station. Easy quick profit suing them for damages.

Or...but I had two hundred pounds in that bag that you removed from my car without my permission, not two pounds.

Can't wait for it to catch on.

Archived