Election 2011

John Wright

Well the life of this House of Keys is well past the half way stage.

After 50 years of November elections we move to September next time. Yes, its two yers away only

What haven't we done. Well no one has started a real political party and the Lib Vans have lost their members Peter apart we are running out of time

What haven't they done

electoral boundaries, thwey quiwetly buried the interim report and sacked the committee

elections to Legco

the report on Government Structure, ignored

sorted out a DCS fit for purpose and the future

expressed any real views on a future not tied to the Apron Strings of Westminster

What shoud we do to try and stop the rot.

Assess the various manifesto's and write and ask 'why not' for starters.

You know things aren't going to change unless people get off their arse, get organised and start a proper political party. Things have gone so awry, and are likely to continue in that direction until the next election, that never has there been a more important time to do so.

I've raised this before on here. There's enough talent and enough ability on here.

The main problem being the strength of the established order and the general apathy towards radical change.

Show the world and of course in particular Westminster, that the Isle of Man is capable of running its own affairs.

With a legal system that is not without a certain degree of duplicity, that is going to be very difficult.

Show the world and of course in particular Westminster, that the Isle of Man is capable of running its own affairs.

With a legal system that is not without a certain degree of duplicity, that is going to be very difficult.

I agree, the same old same old, will more than likley get back in. TB in Castletown, AB in Ramsey, PK in Onchan... there will be maybe 4 or 5 seats with new faces.

The biggest problem IMO is when they become elected (apart from a couple of them) they do forget that they are just normal people as well (please correct me if you feel there is a member of the HK or LegCo that is a normal person after election)

The biggest problem IMO is when they become elected (apart from a couple of them) they do forget that they are just normal people as well (please correct me if you feel there is a member of the HK or LegCo that is a normal person after election)

Unfortunately, it was ever thus. "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Anyway, you can't just create a political party out of thin air! The political groups previously created haven't set the word on fire, have they?

All you may end up with is a divided house and folk arguing a point for no other reason that to be contradictory.

Unfortunately, it was ever thus. "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Anyway, you can't just create a political party out of thin air! The political groups previously created haven't set the word on fire, have they?

All you may end up with is a divided house and folk arguing a point for no other reason that to be contradictory.

After 50 years of November elections we move to September next time. Yes, its two yers away only

What haven't we done. Well no one has started a real political party and the Lib Vans have lost their members Peter apart we are running out of time

What haven't they done

electoral boundaries, thwey quiwetly buried the interim report and sacked the committee

elections to Legco

expressed any real views on a future not tied to the Apron Strings of Westminster

What haven't they done

elections to Legco

Have a few good men stand who are not afraid to speak thier minds and who are not there because they want to be "in society" and COMIN.

the cat - well I am still a civil servant till I retire next year then I will lift the vaile

What haven't they done

elections to Legco

Have a few good men stand who are not afraid to speak thier minds and who are not there because they want to be "in society" and COMIN.

the cat - well I am still a civil servant till I retire next year then I will lift the vaile

What haven't they done

elections to Legco

What haven't they done

elections to Legco

Assess the various manifesto's and write and ask 'why not' for starters.

You know things aren't going to change unless people get off their arse, get organised and start a proper political party. Things have gone so awry, and are likely to continue in that direction until the next election, that never has there been a more important time to do so.

Why do you think people haven't got off their arse yet?

the cat may have nine lives, but that doesn't warrant three identical posts, unless it's to correct the spelling or grammatical mistakes. Can't wait to see your vaile lifted though...I'm sure you're JUST what we need in Keys.

Archived