Roadside Banners

Vulgarian

DoT workers have removed small arrows directing people to 2 Day Trial Stages because they contravene new rules on roadside banners.

Link

In typical government fashion, no sooner have they made new rules than they are abusing them for purposes they were not intended for, wasting time and public money in the process.

Or if the organisers had asked permission from the Dot or even talked to them before sticking them up left right and centre then this wouldnt have happened.

As pants as the Dot are, the blame lies with the trials organisers on this one.

They did get permission. One of the organisers works for me. But sadly the particular sub-division of the DOT did not communicate this internally.

So apologies but the blame is back on the DOT with this one.

No they did not apply for permission nor receive a written permit to do so, this is obvious by where they had been placed as any such signs under th road traffic act cannot be placed on a regulatory sign as they did.

They also never take the signs down - left there to rot.

Take a walk through the middle of a plantation some time - off the pathways so you can avoid the dogshit. There's mountain biking stuff everywhere, tape, signs, bottles, it's a disgrace.

Grrrr.

If it stops those unlicenced, untaxed, uninsured, unroadworthy bikes travelling on public roads between stages then fine by me

Ive just had to follow 2 of them on the way home from work, I had to overtake them in the end because the fumes coming out of the back of them were awful

If it stops those unlicenced, untaxed, uninsured, unroadworthy bikes travelling on public roads between stages then fine by me

Ive just had to follow 2 of them on the way home from work, I had to overtake them in the end because the fumes coming out of the back of them were awful

Were these fumes coming out of the back of the mountain bikers :P

How can anybody complain about anything to do with motorcycles when they choose to live in the self nominated 'Road Racing Capital of The World'?

Events like the 2 day trial and the MGP bring possibly hundreds of visitors to the Island and are a massive financial commitment from public funds.

Can you sense the 'atmosphere' the MGP has at the moment? I can sense it all the time in the form of anger, 2 weeks of bloody pointless and inconvenient road closures!

These closures are neither pointless or inconvenient to the racers and their entourage. These events have been going on long enough that every single person that lives here knows about them and can accommodate the 'inconvenience' they cause.

If you don't like it you know where the boat is.

Archived