[BBC News] Races to start despite forecast

Newsbot

Ann Kinvig, assistant secretary of the island's grand prix, said: "We should be able to go ahead with the grand prix come rain or shine."

The forecast for Monday is heavy rain and cloud.

Really? Does the MGP, unlike the TT, still run in the wet then? Isn't that dangerous?

Ann Kinvig, assistant secretary of the island's grand prix, said: "We should be able to go ahead with the grand prix come rain or shine."

Really? Does the MGP, unlike the TT, still run in the wet then? Isn't that dangerous?

For goodness sake shut up......then again don't......Oh the irony, if only you were a brolly! ;)

Dangerous? No, course it isn't. But whatever happens, don't change your mind about coming over, and don't get on the boat and go home if you're fed up with getting rained on for nothing. We'd rather risk the competitors than risk losing your cash, MGP visitors.

Or am I just being cynical?

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=38319

Manx team boss slams state of MGP paddock

Martin Bullock says he's appalled visiting competitors, their families and team members have to spend two and a half weeks dealing with such terrible conditions.

A lack of drainage, flooded tents, vast areas of mud, a lack of showers and facilities for cleaning clothes have all been highlighted.

Or just being a whinger?

IF BEING CONCERNED FOR THE SAFETY OF RIDERS IS BEING A WHINGER, PUT ME DOWN FOR THE FULLY MONYT

o dear god go and get the cotten wool out for them will u.

im sure thay coulden give a toss about your concern

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=38319

Manx team boss slams state of MGP paddock

Martin Bullock says he's appalled visiting competitors, their families and team members have to spend two and a half weeks dealing with such terrible conditions.

A lack of drainage, flooded tents, vast areas of mud, a lack of showers and facilities for cleaning clothes have all been highlighted.

And I couldn't give a toss about this either hehe

I for one hope the racing goes ahead. It has been great to see the bikes going out in the wet for a change. the art of a good racer is to adapt to their conditions. We are living in times when the PC crowd are making our decisions for us so my fingers are crossed in hope that it goes ahead

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=38326

Paddock managers G4S are appealing to race teams and campers 'not to shoot the messenger'!

G4S Managing Director Stuart McCudden says his staff are doing all they can to service the toilets and showers.

There's been a number of complaints among competitors about the state of the paddock with flooded tents, muddy ground and poor shower and washing facilities.

But Mr McCudden says the organisers have to address the bigger problem of modernising and extending facilities for the future.

He says the terrible weather this week has made matters worse.

I understand camping in Helmand province might be drier.

Archived