[BBC News] New Manx vessel unveiled in China

Newsbot

A Manx delegation are to travel to China for the unveiling of a new addition to the island's Ship Registry.....

It must be one big veil to cover a bulk carrier like that :rolleyes:

:lol: . Nice jolly for the boys , other than the cost of registering the fucker here it's going to do nowt for our economy .

Barbados ship registry fees . I know this is for Barbados but it may give a rough estimate of the costs to register a ship here on the rock . What I did notice is the incorporated thing where any profits that the ship makes are taxed at a very low rate and paid to the registry . Looks like there was more to ships registry than I realised , if that is the case then fair enough maybe it is a source of decent income for the island . Still a jolly for the boys though .

That and I'm slightly jealous that the only manx registered ship naming ceremony I attended didn't have any singing by attractive young women .

A Manx delegation are to travel to China for the unveiling of a new addition to the island's Ship Registry.....

:lol: . Nice jolly for the boys , other than the cost of registering the fucker here it's going to do nowt for our economy .

What are you basing that on? A very quick google tells you that the guy who owns these is based here and operates his company from here. Sure they'll be here for the tax breaks, but people like this basing their company here must be bringing cash into our economy even if it's just the VAT on what they spend. That on top of a bit of PR etc in the Far East, and I don't have a problem with a few people attending the launch.

http://www.mondaq.com/article.asp?articleid=65350

What are you basing that on? A very quick google tells you that the guy who owns these is based here and operates his company from here. Sure they'll be here for the tax breaks, but people like this basing their company here must be bringing cash into our economy even if it's just the VAT on what they spend. That on top of a bit of PR etc in the Far East, and I don't have a problem with a few people attending the launch.

http://www.mondaq.com/article.asp?articleid=65350

You obviously missed my next post where I mentioned that it may well be a decent source of income to the island .

Archived