Tesco

Dr Lecter

Remember being in Shoprite when the guy that had been served before me mistakenly left his BMW car keys behind. I mentioned to the the checkout assistant who replied " maybe he walked here". Yes love, because after walking to the shop he will leave his car keys at your till! Talk about thick. It was up to me to return the guys keys to him. ( He probably would have realised when he got back to his car, but that would have been a heartstopping moment for him!)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember being in Shoprite when the guy that had been served before me mistakenly left his BMW car keys behind. I mentioned to the the checkout assistant who replied " maybe he walked here". Yes love, because after walking to the shop he will leave his car keys at your till! Talk about thick. It was up to me to return the guys keys to him. ( He probably would have realised when he got back to his car, but that would have been a heartstopping moment for him!)

well the only reason he would have had his keys out would have been to give her his clubman card which is usually attatched to said keys, so yes it is possible that he walked ;) not that thick really

If she had got up and followed the man out of the store, the customers waiting in the queue would have probably complained that they had to wait that little bit longer, by not returning them you complain - it's one of those no win situations isn't it.

Let’s be fair to checkout staff.

They’re paid a pittance, they have a job that would bore a statue, their role is to be in place of an automated bar code reader, and they’re watched every moment of the day.

In many supermarkets their performance is measured based on the number of items scanned per hour and number of customers served per hour, and all from the computer based scanners and cash registers they use.

There are even microphones in some supermarkets checkouts to capture conversation, as well as CCTV cameras in most to make sure that everything is scanned and not passed through for a mate.

Their supervisors and managers are all too often a bunch of ‘jobsworth’ bullies into the bargain.

Given that lot is it any wonder that all they want to do is grab, scan, and pass the item along, get paid, and get the hell out.

It’s certainly not a job that I could do.

Any customer service has to be better than the current B&Q setup...

Please scan your item. Please put your item on the scales. Please take your item off the scales. Please put your item on the scales. Please take your item off the scales. Please wait til a member of staff does a proof of age check (for a bloody wallpaper stripper). Please put your item on the scales. Please take your item off the scales. Heavy item please leave in your basket. Please scan your item. Please wait for a member of staff. Please take your item off the scales. Please put your item on the scales.

Any customer service has to be better than the current B&Q setup...

Terrific. I agree it's awful. I wonder how much they've saved as they still have to have staff hanging round to help us out or check our d.o.b. B&Q are the EasyJet/Ryanair of hardware stores.

Given Tesco's practices elsewhere this is what will be happening there soon too with the extended store. A row of self-service checkouts with staff hanging around waiting for us to mess up. And maybe one or max two staffed checkouts with a huge queue of people waiting for service. That is what is happening at their Irish stores now - part of their "Change for good" programme!!!

B&Q colours even look like the inside of Ryanair planes. Richard Block and David Quayle have a lot to answer for. Was David Quayle of Manx origins?

Archived